Wednesday, August 19, 2009

all of my memories keep you near/in silent moments/imagine you being here/all of my memories keep you here/in silent whispers, silent tears

I've decided, that instead of trying to go back in time to camp, trying to slow down the progression of time and actually turn it around so that it goes the other way, that the best plan would be to speed up the rest of the year and get to next Camp Hope.

Theoretically, this could be harder, since we are closer to last camp than to the next one, but I have a feeling that stopping and turning around time is enough harder and that is going to take so long that ultimately it would be faster too speed everything up.

I was thinking about that fairy tale about the little boy who gets something that he can use to speed up time. And he kept doing that for little things, like, skipping school, and chores, and did that all his life, bigger and bigger things, until it was pretty much a disaster. I guess that, even if we could skip the 360 days between camp, ultimately, we would all live each day best we could, instead of cheating to get to the next year. It would be a temptation, sure, but I think we all appreciate how important the things we learn in a year, and grow, through experiences. Not to mention the other fun and amazing things we get to do during the year. Even if it isn't camp. And also, I think part of the charm of camp is that we only get it once a year, but that's rather obvious.

So maybe we can just get through the year in fast forward, without skipping anything. Instead of trying to stop and rewind.

. . .

I know I'm supposed to make my "camp hope post" and that's like, required, at least according to Emily, but I don't know what to say. It's the strangest thing. I don't know why. Well, I have some ideas. Like maybe it has to do with the fact that Camp Hope was almost a whole month ago. Well, closer to three weeks, I guess. It feels so much shorter ago than that, but at the same time, so much longer. Or maybe it's because I already wrote everything out in my journal. All those important memories or at least most of them. I always miss a few things. Sometimes I'll think of something and write it in. My journal, since Camp Hope has been a conglomeration of things that happened at camp, the aftermath and just anything else I think of, all mixed together. It's a lot of pages that will confuse anyone except myself. Which is of course, just fine.

Normally, after Camp Hope, blog picks up and everyone is on a lot. It kinda did that on facebook this year, but not blog. It's like everyone is unwilling to go back to the usual life in which we only see each other online and that's it. Which is why we really must get together at some point.

also, just so you all know, my family leaves tomorrow for our vacation. We're going to Colorado and we'll be gone till the 5th of september. I know I'm gonna be online some, but you know how things go on vacation.

10 comments:

Lirael Dianne said...

I think, if you concentrate, you can live in fast forward, not thinking about or living the days as they come, but trying to rush through them as fast as possible, to get them over with. But the trouble is that you don't quite realize when you're doing it, so it's difficult to not do when you actually truly want to do it, which is not that often for most people. Sometimes you must consciously remember to live every day to the fullest. Ever and always.

emily said...

*sigh* I guess that counts.

haha, just kidding, I'm glad you posted. But what are you saying, Beth? There's more to life than Camp?

Ahhhh!

emily said...

P.S. Did you know that this blog doesn't show up on your profile? Just thought you might want to know.

Sarah said...

Ah, so true Bethany. And wasn't that story thing from the "New Years Eve Live" episode of Adventures in Odyssey? lol thats one of my fave episodes =]

Bethany said...

I guess I am saying that, kinda. But nothing like my sister Katie's post "I'm glad camp is over blah blah blah" *rolls eyes*

I don't know.


Um, yeah, I have no idea what you are talking about Sarah.

I think you may be right Crystal.

Sarah said...

lol bummer XD you're gonna have to go to www.whitsend.org either on or shortly after new years eve. you'll know what I speak of. Except by the time that time of year rolls around you probably will have forgotten I said any of this XD

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth! Shameful but true, I haven't finished my camp journal. Geez I haven't gotten past day one yet! Ugh for jobs. :P I'm gonna have to do it different this year because I don't think I could write it out day by day this year. I'm just gonna write down what ever events and memories come to mind. Those are what counts. :)

Sarah said...

Bethany! you should make a new post sometime....lol...if you ever happen to have time...

Anonymous said...

I'm on blogger.... step in the right direction. ;) <3

Anonymous said...

*pop*