Saturday, July 04, 2009

Just float . . . float down the river.

Happy July 4th everyone!

Somehow, this weekend has been the perfect classic summer.  

Swimming at the lake with friends and then the next day with family.  There is NOTHING like floating, I've decided.  It's a strange mix of muscle and relaxation.  Yesterday, we were at lake Taps, which was really choppy because of all the motor-boats on it.  We all hung onto our floaty star thing, and drifted around on the waves.  It was as good as a roller coaster ride.  

Dancing in the garage with the Celtic Maidens.  Hey, it's really painful sometimes, what with bad attitudes, heat and absolutely no choreography ideas.  But there are a lot of good parts, and funny memories from past summers.

Reading in the sun.  With my sunglasses.  Now that I have contacts, I've discovered the amazingness of sunglasses.  They make me happy.  : )  When I get to hot, I jump into our little wading pool and cool off.

All of us girls watching movies in the evenings, as it cools off.  Afterwards, mom and dad send everyone to bed, but Michaela and I go outside and sit on the deck.  Nothing beats summer evenings.  Nothing.

By the time I go to bed (late enough that the twins have fallen asleep and I can steal my window fan back) it's cooled off, and I can sit and read and journal for awhile, well, late, because it's summer.  And as we all know, we get to do that kind of thing in summer.  As I fell asleep, I felt like I was still floating on the waves. . . you know the feeling.

And then I sleep in, which is amazing.  Although I would like to wake up earlier some of these mornings, because I love mornings, and plus I'd have more cool hours in the day.

Life is good.  We're just kinda drifting along, but keeping busy too.  It's like floating.  Both busy and restful.  

Tonight, we have a church picnic and we'll all play volleyball and maybe have a waterfight and when it finally gets dark enough set off fireworks.  It'll be fun.

8 comments:

emily said...

So can I come overtonight? :-) Those summer evenings on your deck sound amazing.

Anonymous said...

Anytime dear . . . although I'm gonna be gone tonight . . . last softball game.

:-)

emily said...

What a shame. :-)

Sarah said...

Sounds terrific :-)

man... that would be nice right now. Just to float. I'm tired. lol I did a lota biking this afternoon. ah well I guess I will tomorrow in the lazy river when we go to the water park.yay!

Anonymous said...

that sounds like fun . . .

Dorothy said...

oh yeah, summer days are the best. though this morning I was driving to the fair at like 5 AM and decided that summer mornings are the absolute best ever. the sun was full on Mt. Rainier and just brushing the top of Mt. Peak, and when I started work it was the coolness that is exhilarating but not quite cold. and all the birds were singing and it was all just glorious.

not that there are many summer days when I would get up that early for that. maybe once a week or something.

mmmm, next week I'll be at our condo in easter WA, and you wake up to the sun rising on these crazy awesome cliff things.

here they are:
http://ncwportal.com/media/jpg/photo/2006/grant/2006_crescent_bar

those red tile roofs in the middle - that's us. best place in the world. and the cliffs are HUGE.



but I'm sorry Beth, I'm taking over your blog. I should save this for my own post. ;)

Bethany said...

Don't worry 'bout it Kacy!

I love mornings too . . . just, they aren't quite the same thing as evenings.

Bethany said...

woahh, awesome picture!! Those cliff things look really cool.