I hate it when people hate the things I love, like books and movies, and then have these long, in depth reason why whatever is no good. I mean, honestly, I read for enjoyment, not to analyze what I read. People who are negative about things I like bring me down. It's like this wrench, whenever they criticize whatever. It like, personally hurts me. Which is ridiculous. And I've learned to deal with it. And since it bothers me so much, it's probably why I'm surrounded by those people.
At least it feels that way.
*sighs*
*decides to stop whining*
I'm very frustrated right now, because this lady who I was going to buy new softshoes from her. And then, when we were discussing paypal email addresses, she tells me they just sold to someone who had contacted her first. I mean honestly! she could have mentioned that little detail earlier!
oh right, I'm whining again.
I've heard, that just because a door is open, it doesn't mean you should go through it. And that just because you have a good feeling about something doesn't make it right. So how are you supposed to know what doors to go through and what is right?
16 comments:
i'm rating this post as a 20 out of 10. on my own personal rating, that is.
Prayer
lolol. Thanks Bo.
Prayer. Yes, you're probably right. But that still seems rather indirect, to me. Like, I know we are supposed to pray and ask God stuff, and I know he ALWAYS answers, but it's kind of hard to see the answer.
I'm with beth on this one too.
First, THANK YOU for the new post!
Second, I totally understand about the book issue. I often feel put down by people who read lots of "meaningful, thought provoking" and philisophical books when I tell them I read kids books and fantasy and fluff. I get enough provocation to think in day to day life, I don't want to read to make me think too.
Third, <3
Fourth, we're all still pretty young on the spectrum of life. We're not going to be perfect (not that we ever will be). But we're still figuring things out, and that takes time.
Fifth, I'm praying for you.
:)
nice points. the fourth one clears a lot of things up... :-D
just relax, don't ignore things that upset you, try not to let them make you upset. if that's possible. I'm not sure if that advice is absolutely ridiculous, so you can ignore it if you like.
It's good advice, MJ.
Thanks Lindy! It is good that we have our whole lives to figure things out . . . : )
Wow.
you're finally acting like a confused 16-year old Beth! I'm so proud of you!
haha just kidding. I seriously thought you were gonna bypass the whole thing and be so much more mature than the rest of us. :)
well you are incredibly mature anyways.
I second Lindy on the books thing. *digs around for the King of Attolia* I read just so many classics and then it's back to the Thief.
actually what bugs me is the Christian books that are so forced to be Christian that they aren't good books anymore. you know what I mean?
Yes I TOTALLY know what you mean Kacy!
The most annoying thing ever. What also annoys me are the endless historical fiction/christan romances. Like, I'll read a few of them, and enjoy them, but they get REALLY old after awhile. And there are so many of them. And the writing is NOT good.
On most of them. Their are a few series that are shorter AND the writing is acceptable.
Hahahaha Beth I think you've put into words why I read fantasy and Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer and pretty much stay away from christian fiction. The writing is pretty lame. :D
And yes, it's a good thing we have the rest of our lives to figure things out. Then we can go to heaven and not care about the things we can't figure out. :)
Well I happen to LOVE Christian fiction. And your hating on it, Beth, is bringing me down. You're a hypocrite.
BAHAhahahahaha... okay. I'll be serious now.
I know exactly what you mean about accepting things you wouldn't normally accept just to seem non-judgemental. That was a really good way of explaining it, too.
I'm not sure if we're supposed to rely on feelings or circumstances to guide us. I think it's really hard to know. I have a book on finding God's Guidence by Elisabeth Elliot, I should read it. And lend it to you. :-)
okay, weird thought here. the girl across the street who isn't married but has a baby.....
that's a good thing, i'd say. not that she isn't married, and not that she was pregnant, but that she had the baby means she didn't get an abortion. it means there is one more life in the world there might not have been, you know?
so yes, think that the decisions that led to the baby were wrong. but babies are the most beautiful thing the world.
sorry. you probably knew this anyway. but don't forget about loving the sinner, even if you hate the sin. don't condemn her for having that baby, because she kept the baby. condemn the choices that led to her having the baby.
does that even make sense?
That does make sense Anna. Thanks for reminding us of that. Living with her parents with her child, seems like it's probably one of the best decisions she could make at this point.
That's a cool way of looking at things, I like it.
We agree. :)
Post a Comment