There was a princess who was unhappy because she had so many unanswered questions. Secretly, she hoped that a prince would come, her true love, bringing all the answers with him. One day, she finally realized that understanding would not come to her behind her palace walls, but that she was the one who had to seek it out. So she left on a quest for wisdom, hoping that, eventually her prince would find her, and join her on her adventure. And so the quest began.
Monday, March 09, 2009
I'd just like to say
It's good to figure out what you believe.
I'll inform you all when I've got it all the way figured.
Hehe! Yes I agree as well. Though I don't think one can fully figure everything out about what they believe. Sometimes it is just deciding that you can't understand some things and leave it God's hands. In fact I am glad we can't understand everything. Means that there is always something to look for and try to understand. Makes life a little more interesting. Can you imagine having all understanding and knowledge? Perhaps that is part of why we will never grasp God's mind.
my worship leader said when he went to seminary, they told him the first year they would just be expanding everything he knew, raising hundreds of questions. the second year, they would answer some of those questions, but raise even more. and by the time he left, he had more unanswered questions about God than those that had been answered.
but he told me, never let what you don't know about something (esp. God) affect what you do know about it. don't let it affect your enjoyment of it.
so I think the more we learn about God, the more questions we'll have. it's like starting at the top of a pyramid and working down...it just keeps growing the further you go. but that doesn't make it a bad thing. the more you know of God, the better you can enjoy being with Him, even if it means you'll realize how much you don't know about Him.
I'm sorry, i didn't really mean to call it stupid . . . .
i just meant to call it rude when one maintains a conversation in the preseance of others, and not everybody can understand.
have you ever had one of your friends go off talking rapid-fire spanish with someone else while you were with them? it's annoying as heck. It feels like your being ditched.
but yes, i love elvish, and i love the movie emperors new groove. even if i can't spell it. It's just . . . bleh. nevermind.
I might consider forgiving you. But in all fairness I was quoting one of the best known movies in adolescent history! It was hardly so abstruse as Spanish.
Just thought I'd point that out since there are some people in the vicinity that have not invited me, and it makes me sad. Like, I'm tearing up right now....
Old? No. However I do feel excited about being able to check the "Are you at least 18 years of age?" box on employment applications. :D After five years of countless, blurry at the edges, applications, I am finally NOT the exception for being under 18. :)
45 comments:
Hahahahahaha...
Yes. I agree.
Hehe! Yes I agree as well. Though I don't think one can fully figure everything out about what they believe. Sometimes it is just deciding that you can't understand some things and leave it God's hands. In fact I am glad we can't understand everything. Means that there is always something to look for and try to understand. Makes life a little more interesting. Can you imagine having all understanding and knowledge? Perhaps that is part of why we will never grasp God's mind.
Just rambling here.
*headesk*
actually, for a 1/10 post, that was pretty good.
my worship leader said when he went to seminary, they told him the first year they would just be expanding everything he knew, raising hundreds of questions. the second year, they would answer some of those questions, but raise even more. and by the time he left, he had more unanswered questions about God than those that had been answered.
but he told me, never let what you don't know about something (esp. God) affect what you do know about it. don't let it affect your enjoyment of it.
so I think the more we learn about God, the more questions we'll have. it's like starting at the top of a pyramid and working down...it just keeps growing the further you go. but that doesn't make it a bad thing. the more you know of God, the better you can enjoy being with Him, even if it means you'll realize how much you don't know about Him.
my two cents. =)
I disagree. That was five cents.
:)
Or a dollar, maybe. :-) Very good points Kacy.
Yeah,
those are really good points Kacy.
I agree with both of you, Lucy, Kacy. It's impossible to figure everything out.
I'm glad you somewhat aprove, Bo, of my lame post. :-)
lol. that was my one cent.
half cent.
whatever. lol.
So, who's in my chair....?
ooh ooh I know! Yzma, Yzma's in your chair!
*glares*
stupid movie languages.
*sighs*
lol. Just watch Emperor's New Groove, and you'll get it.
Stupid movie languages????? STUPID MOVIE LANGUAGES????????????
You are officially not my friend anymore.
yeah....what she said.
well, you're still my friend. unless you call Elvish stupid. then we've got a big problem.
I'm sorry, i didn't really mean to call it stupid . . . .
i just meant to call it rude when one maintains a conversation in the preseance of others, and not everybody can understand.
have you ever had one of your friends go off talking rapid-fire spanish with someone else while you were with them? it's annoying as heck. It feels like your being ditched.
but yes, i love elvish, and i love the movie emperors new groove. even if i can't spell it. It's just . . . bleh. nevermind.
I might consider forgiving you. But in all fairness I was quoting one of the best known movies in adolescent history! It was hardly so abstruse as Spanish.
Silly Beth, I've been posting on my blog for a few weeks now!
hooray for Lindy!!!!!
New post?
Order of business.
1. Please invite me to read your blog with my new email pinkdotgreen@gmail.com
2. I've changed my blog address to http://sempiternalcapacity.blogspot.com
so you will have to change your blog link, thingy.
Thanks!
new post?
Wen tops?
Thank you for inviting me to your blog. :)
Just thought I'd point that out since there are some people in the vicinity that have not invited me, and it makes me sad. Like, I'm tearing up right now....
;)
*sings* It's a beautiful morning!
Wen tops???
Is anybody even here??? I'm dying of suspension.
I would start a conversation but since I'm the only one here it would be terribly boring.
*tentitivly raises hand*
*confidently raises hand*
*doesn't raise hand*
I don't know what that means.
Call to order! Four for conversation and or new post by author, who is absent from conversation.
Second order of business: subject.
*puts hand down*
*shrugs*
Profound.
*raises eyebrows*
*grins*
*shrugs*
*sits patiently with hand up like a good little schoolgirl waiting to be called on*
*points to Verya*
Hey Lindy, by blog isn't even private, so I don't think I need to invite you . . .
I was wondering cuz I've been coming here without an invite. Sweet. :)
New post?
but verya had an idea . . . .
Very has failed to reinforce her claim of conversation, so I vote for a new post.
New post!
Did I mention I'm having a birthday next week?
*puts hand down*
*stand on table*
*SHOUTS*
BETH, GIVE US A NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*pouts*
yay!!! Lindy's birthday!!!!!
*excitement*
do you feel old Lindy? I mean, not yet obviously, but will you? do you feel an aging process happening???
HAHAHAHA.
thats a polite way of putting it . . . .
I failed to see the politeness.... :D jk
Old? No. However I do feel excited about being able to check the "Are you at least 18 years of age?" box on employment applications. :D After five years of countless, blurry at the edges, applications, I am finally NOT the exception for being under 18. :)
Oh, NEW POST BETH!!!!
Have you figured it out yet??
Post a Comment