I'm sixteen now. I could audition and join Riverdance now, theoretically. Of course, I know I'm nowhere near good enough. The funny thing is - I didn't even think of that on my birthday. When I first saw that information, I was sure I would think of it, and it would be all significant and everything. Funny how quickly our dreams and plans can change . . . or be changed.
There are so many things we can do with our lives, it really is overwhelming. We have to figure out what we want to do. When we figure it out, we have to do all sorts of things to start getting there, like college. And we have to be ready for the possibility of something happening (such as falling in love) that is going to throw all the finally, perfectly laid out plans out the window. And then you have to start over.
Of course, you can't sit around, do nothing. Wait for whatever is going to happen to happen, and then go on with life. Of course not.
It doesn't really work that way anyhow.
It's terribly overwhelming.
I know that I haven't been on blog that much lately, and I'm going to work on that. But really, I don't need it as much anymore. I have facebook now, which although it seems traitorous, I really love it, and can keep in touch with all my friends there, practically. And when I really feel that I need to write about something, I have my journal. I'm not very good at writing how a feel on blog. I know everyone struggles with that. of course.
I'm really loving my new dance school though. I'm pretty certain it was a good choice - I'm definitely feeling way more challenged. I'm learning a lot more new stuff. It's pretty exciting.
It's also a little depressing, looking so bad. I can't say I like it that much. But then, we have a certain amount of adjustment. I'm hoping I'll adjust quickly. Seriously, we only did easy stuff in my old school. I was never pushed. I got the new concepts quickly. We move way faster here. I'm learning all sorts of leaps and jumps and kicks. I don't pick up on things very quickly, so that makes this harder. I'll get it though, it just takes time. I have a lot to work towards.
16 comments:
Sweet sixteen! (I know, you've probably heard it five hundred times in the past week or so...)
I just got a facebook! I'll have to add you...
That's so cool that you're learning quickly at your new dance school. It's always better to be pushed and feel like you're not getting it than not be pushed and not learn very much.
*laughs softly*
unless there's something wrong with your computer....
....I know when your birthday is dear.
and you weren't sixteen when you posted this.
I think that's funny.
but I know. life gets terribly confusing once you hit 16. everything was in order before. now each day is worse than the one before (as far as confusion goes...it's all more exciting though) and there's no real end in sight.
I imagine we'll all end up like our parents someday. or whoever it is we're modeling most now.
*pouts* I swear everyone has a facebook but me. my parents probably won't go for it. I spend enough time on Blogger as it is.
here's an idea: you all give your best reasons for why I should get a facebook. then I'll try and talk my parents into it.
I know what you mean about not needing blog anymore... and about dreams changing and life and everything.
There's just nothing new under the sun, it's so annoying.
Nothing new? I thought there are so many thiings new under the sun! So many possibilities, so many opportunities, I am having a hard time making up my mind! Not kidding on that either. . .
Kacy dear, you are not the only one that doesn't have a face book. Seems to me that is a new trend. Personally I prefer blogging.
Welcome to the world of crazy teen years
Beth! I knew there was something I was forgetting to do on the 12th. . .
Happy belated birthday!!!!!
lol, most people consider 13 entering the crazy teen years, so I've been there for three years, you could say. But thanks!
Well, Kacy, I started writing it before my birthday, but then I redid it AFTER my birthday. so.
okay, let me think about reasons Kacy, and I'll get back to you.
Okay, so you've just all convinced me to get a blog, and now you tell me you don't need one anymore...*pouts dramatically*
I think my blog will eventually become a solely-music-and-philosophy blog.
whatever. it's all just for fun - does anything just for fun really NEED a purpose?
for me, this is friends. living too far away from everyone collectively makes internet the best way to do it. and we all know how hard e-mail can be....
Well, 13 seems crazy when you hit it, but crazy in a really exciting way. I think once you reach 16, it really IS crazy and you start going through weekly crisis, etc.
but I can't really say that with confidence since I am sixteen.
about what you said Lucy - I think there is nothing new under the sun, like the Bible says. but so much is new to us; practically everything is new to us, because it's just being discovered by us. God knew about it all along.
at least that's how I figure it.
Oi, 16! I imagine it is crazy...I'll be hitting it up myself in a few months...should be, er, interesting. lol. I'm trying to convince my parents to let me have a video scavenger hunt party thing on my 16th. Mom's not too sure about it though :-/ Anyhow, I guess I've got several months still to plan that sort of stuff.
Exactly Kacy. That is what I meant when I said what I said. Of course God has all knowledge, He is the One who came up with all of these things and ideas. It is astounding!!! But for us, there is so much we don't know and need to discover. It certainly is not new to God, but the more we discover, the more we realize we don't know anything. So, there is a wealth of knowledge and new things for us to go and find and learn. Which, in turn, gives us so many choices and decisions yo figure out. Only with God's wisdom can we make the best one.
Following me here??
i follow . . . and happy late b day! lol . . . esh.
wow . . . I think I follow you Lucy . . . maybe.
Wow Sarah, my youth group just did a video scavenger hunt last week!
my group ended up in the police station asking an officer to do the hokey-pokey with us.
he said no, but he did put a couple of us in handcuffs.
(we were supposed to do something outrageous but legal...and my group could think up lots of outrageous things to do, but the legal part was kind of tough...)
in the other group one of the guys at a night crawler. needless to say, they won.
when is your birthday again? because it's a good idea and it was a lot of fun, but it was dark and absolutely freezing and starting to rain. but you'll probably be ok on your side of the state.
WOW! This post was written in September. I'm a little beehind I think....
Well I thought I would check out your blog, see what you're up to. I miss the old blog days. It used to be pretty great. I don't write as much anymore. I think it's the lack of incentives.
Anyhoo. LOVE YOU! Bye.
New post!! Don't let blog die!!!!
ok Beth, we get it, you're 16. you have been for three months now.
even if you're only going to post quarterly, don't you think it's just about time now? *gentle prodding sarcasm*
Beth, just post SOMEWHERE please. You gotta give us something to go on here! ;-)
Post a Comment