Saturday, August 02, 2008

For a moment in time I could feel . . . I was free

Last night I was in bed, trying to go to sleep, but not succeeding in the least, because I was so busy thinking about things that happened at Camp Hope.

If anyone was around, they would have thought I was ridiculous, because I actually laughed out loud once or twice, remembering certain funny things that happened.

When we got back to Juanita, I felt like shouting, 'NO, please, don't take me away yet, I don't want to go, I'm not ready to go home."

By the time I was home, I was feeling better about being home.



But I just don't want it to be over.  I want it to go on and on and on.  But it doesn't matter if that is what I want, because it's done now, to late anyways.  

I loved singing silly songs.
I loved putting together a skit.
I loved singing in Chapel.
I loved play Mario Dodgeball.
I loved singing "All Star" along with the entire camp as we got our breakfast.  It was like being in a musical.
I loved playing ultimate basketball against the boys.
I loved hanging out at the gutter-ball table.
I loved getting up in the mornings and heading out for the day.
I loved laughing so hard that it made me feel like I was glowing.

It wasn't all easy, emotions sometimes get in the way and complicate things.  Sometimes, being on the go so constantly takes a toll too.

I miss you all already.  That's another thing I love- seeing everyone for five days in a row.  If only it could happen more often.

20 comments:

Bo said...

i'm gunna have tears, this is such an awsoem post! now lets go see some amusing pictures somewhere.

Anonymous said...

yah, I have a whole bunch pictures . . . !!! :)

lindy said...

Hi Beth! I know what you mean. I'm not ready for it to be over. I didn't have enough time with anyone! I'm trying NOT to cry over it again... but we'll see.

xo

Anonymous said...

:( :( I'm finally adjusting. Saturday was my hardest day. Sunday, was easier, I saw a few people from Camp Hope at church, who could all sympathize with me, which helped, and then we hung out at a friends house, which occupied me.

MJ said...

Great post.... I have to agree with bo there.


I know it's over, but at least we have memories (wow, corny)! and tons of pictures....

Lirael Dianne said...

I can sympathize, I was tearing up when the Juanita carpool left. Staying at camp an extra day with almost nobody there was really anticlimactic.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how that would be, but I still think it would be cool. It would tend to make me more sad, to see Camp so empty, so I would have probably definitely cried if I were you!

Sarah said...

I've still not ajusted to being back in Clarkston again... :(

After seeing how well I click with you all at camp it just feels like I don't fit in anywhere else anymore...

(and Beth, when you get a chance please email me a bunch of your pictures!!)

quenta tindomerel said...

*tears*

I miss camp so much.

somebody post more pictures and get me out of my misery?

Anonymous said...

Right, pictures. Sarah, I'll send those to you, ASAP.

Sarah said...

Yes, thanks Beth =D Those photos are great! Well, the ones I saw...lol. I saw the ones from the first email and then after that gmail has been having server errors all afternoon :-P ugh. Once I get all the pics on, I should send you all links to my facebook album.

Anonymous said...

I know, I wasn't able to send anymore . . . I'll try again today. I would love to see your face book album when you get it together. That would be very cool.

Dorothy said...

it's so weird for me. I got home last night and told my parents a lot about the mission trip. my dad got the camp hope unload a couple weeks ago when he picked me up, but my mom hasn't heard anything about it yet! It seems to me like months have passed since then because I've been so busy and gone. I'll probably have at least one meltdown today from something or other (or lots combined), and camp hope will most likely come flooding back and I'll spend forever talking my mom to death about it.

I don't want to forget anything about camp hope or the mission trip.

I have a feeling a very long blog post will be coming soon.

and (you're gonna love me for this Lucy) I now have high speed at home!!!! which mean I'm gonna post a bunch of pics from India up here and lots of stories that happened from there too.

Sarah said...

Ohhh yes! I should send you a link to my facebook Beth...I have most of the pics up. lol. I have like 50-something and occasionally I find another photo or two and add to it now and again. Hmm. I think I'll go send you the link while I'm thinking about it.

And I can't wait to read your posts Kacy! I really need to check people's blogs more often...but now I'm not allowed to have internet on my laptop, so I have to work around everyone else to be able to get on the comp anymore. bleh. Oh well. It's not half as bad as I thought it would be, at least :-) (yup. Leave it to Sarah The Optimist to say something like that. lol!)

Bo said...

awsome!!!!! ... just throwing in my two pennies . . . .

emily said...

You know I start to see why your mom says that she doesn't get excited for things. I wonder if she doesn't miss things, either. Does soaring up on the wings of anticipation really pay for the thud?

*ponders*

Definantly too much chocolate cake tonight.

Wonderful post. :-)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it Anne of Green Gables who says that anticipation is the best part? I don't think it's quite the best part, but I think it is DEFINITELY possible. I would hate to not get excited about things. Even so, I find I'm not getting excited for things that used to make me really excited. It's very depressing . . . I don't wanna grow up!

Lirael Dianne said...

I have found I can anticipate something eagerly while still saying in the back of my mind, "this could end up being not nearly as fun as I'm expecting it to," and then I don't feel so upset when it ends up poorly.

On the other hand, wonderful surprises when you're totally not expecting them (like meeting you guys at Junior Camp) can be the most fun of all!

Dorothy said...

I'm kinda in the same boat as Crystal. I'm a total optimist, so I often get disappointed when I expect things to be perfect and then it isn't. But my mom's a realist *coughpessimistcough* and hardly ever gets excited about stuff. I would hate that and wouldn't trade the anticipation of something great for anything. Sometimes it really is better anticipating something than what it turns out to be.

other times there is a thud but it's okay, I'd rather have that than not be excited. the more excited you are, the more you enjoy the thing.

quenta tindomerel said...

*pokes*