Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Suddenly I see . . .

Yesterday, I decided to actually practice my dancing.  Right now I'm preparing for the grades.  I really need to practice more than I do, so I'm trying to get prepared by practicing every day.

So yesterday I practiced the reel.  It was one of those moments that everything clicked-  my dancing felt good, I felt good, it was great.  I felt like I was dancing really well, and that it was beautiful.  I hope I can hold onto that feeling when I perform in front of the person who is grading us.


I'm loving summer.  Just totally, completely soaking it in: The warmth, no school. being lazy, having no obligations.  I'm trying to soak it in and hold it so I can make it through another school year.

And then of course, there is  Camp Hope, which I am daily getting excited for.  

Life is actually going pretty well right now.  I really miss Michaela, but she gets back on friday.  I really miss having her around to make me laugh- nothing has been as funny lately, she's the one who makes most of the jokes.  I miss even more the talks in my room that we have every other day or so before we go to bed.  We're each others confidante.  I can tell her mostly everything, aside from the really stupid little things that I wouldn't tell anyone.(what are journal for anyway?  The little things that are important to you but you could never properly explain to anyone else)  

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

CAMP HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally feel the same way as you right now Beth. Except for the dancing of courwe. :P I know I've had that feeling with piano before though.

I miss my piano :(

CAMP HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!