Monday, July 07, 2008

Did you know . . .?

Riverdance is on its three year long farewell tour of North America and the UK.  They are visiting every city they have ever performed at.  Thus the three years.  However, this is not the end of Riverdance.  Riverdance plans on touring developing countries that couldn't afford a show like them before.  Their current plans include touring China, India and South America.



Yes well, so none of you may really care about that.  But you wouldn't believe how panicked everyone is on the Riverdance forums, and how many times they have asked the poor administrator whether or not Riverdance is really ending.  If they just took a little while to check some older posts, they would have to ask the same question for the 57th time.

I guess I shouldn't even bother to check the Riverdance website anymore.  All it does is make me more obsessive, and I've been through plenty of phases where I live and breathe Riverdance.  I don't really want to go there again, especially when I've finally figured that I'm not going to be dancing with them anyways.



Isn't it amazing how many things we can do with our lives?  We just have to open our mind and see all the doors and doors of choices.  Of course, that gets kind of overwhelming.  But still, all those possibilities are there.  They only thing is, some of those choices are blocked by major road blocks.  In particular the ones that you really want to pursue.  And then you eventually reason yourself right out of even trying for that door.  They say you can do anything you want to, but I'm guessing that isn't true.  Or maybe some people can, but those are the people who have an awful lot of determination, and an amazing work ethic, and those few people get to do exactly what they always wanted to.  

But don't most people have a buried  dream somewhere or other?

5 comments:

lindy said...

Yes. I think everyone has one or two buried dreams forgotten that didn't come true for some reason or another.

*hugs* I love you Beth.

emily said...

Yeah.

But I think you have to have a really noble or worthy reason for letting a dream die before it's okay to burry it.

lindy said...

Well, there are dreams and then there is reality.

Anonymous said...

Exactly. But see, then there are the people who take the dreams and make them their reality. So how do they do that?

Lirael Dianne said...

Work, mostly. And a passion to keep working. And, hardest, the stubbornness to work when you're not feeling passionate at all. But then there are the dreams that don't come true because you're busy fulfilling others.