We were on our way to church on Sunday. We were all talking about how cold it was, and how it looked like snow, there were all clouds that looked right. Suddenly Katie said "It IS snowing!" It had started snowing, and by the time we got to church, it was coming down quite steadily. Katie and I spent most of the drive singing
"Oh the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire inside is so delightful.
And since we've really no place to go,
(except church of course)
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"
And then we had to sit through the sermon wondering if it was still snowing or not, the windows in our church are to high to be able to tell, especially because they tilt the blinds up so high.
It was still snowing after the service, so after a quick snack, Ellen and I spent a good fifteen minutes outside, freezing, and attempting to ketch snowflakes in our mouths. We caught some, but I think more landed on my eyebrows and glasses, or at least my hair.
Another sermon - this time, all the sunday school students were upstairs. I'm pretty certain their were plenty craning heads trying to see if it was still snowing. Of course, it didn't work, and typically, it wasn't by the end of the service. Of course, not having any snow rather took the fun out of the cold -especially seeing as it didn't collect.
On the way home, dad suggested that perhaps it had snowed a foot at our our house. Michaela said, "Oh yes, we will be driving along and suddenly their will be this big line, and a foot of snow will be there. And we can see exactly where it stopped. "
Of course, their was not a foot of snow (living in the valley does that to you.) However, it had collected a little on a stone bench we have (it must have been colder than everything else) so we all rushed out, divided it into six portions and ate it. Well, Michaela didn't. She was to sophisticated to eat snow. Or maybe she was just to cold. My feet were certainly freezing in my Sunday shoes!!
14 comments:
I love this post Beth! It is so cute!
If you want some snow, come over to my house, we have plenty to give everybody a nice large portion!
The trees outside are covered in a nice thick frost right now. It is very beautiful.
*smiles* Thank you!
I love frost! It is as beautiful as snow, just, in a different way.
we got half an inch!!!!
yeah, pretty lame. but I got to drive in it! actually, you'd all be so proud of me - I DROVE ALL THE WAY to Seattle (downtown) and then to Anna's house and back home again. up the humungous hill to Anna's house with the stop sign in a really stupid place, and back home in Seahawks-just-got-out traffic. and we didn't crash.
I love snow sooo much!!! if it snows Beth then whoever has more has to go to the other's house for a snow day/sleepover, deal?
Sounds great. Hmm, second invitation I've gotten if it snow. I guess that even if it doesn't snow for us, we can go somewhere else to find it!!
Hey, I wasn't too sophisticated to eat the snow! I went outside after I put my stuff away! And I WAS cold...
we can just drive up past the dinky little barely-town of C. and go up the mountain till we hit snow I suppose. not too far at this time of year!
"so we divided it up and ate it"
rotfl.
unexpected.
good.
lol.
Thanks! : )
Mmmhhmm, if we don't get snow here, we go up to the mountains for a "playday."
absolutely!!!!
hey! I'm on Christmas break now, which means....
....you just might be getting a phone call tomorrow!!!!!
i'm going to the mountains for a play day this weekend with some friends!
Awsome!!
Where are you going?
snoqualmie pass!
Cool! Can I come along?
awww...I want to come too!
so sorry about not calling you yet Beth and MJ! It's really funny how your break is always busier than your school days!
but I'm not doing anything that I know of tomorrow (except putting the house back together which shouldn't take too long [one would think]), so you're first on my list if I get some phone time!!!
Post a Comment