Thursday, December 06, 2007

Battle

Battle! Hear the weapons clash
hear the sound of axes smash
To strike down a brother.

Battle! Hear the blood curdling cry
Hear the dying soldiers sigh
the boys who left their mothers.

Battle! They fight for right or wrong
Then they shout the battle song
Killing the one who left his lover.

Battle! Each fight for power of their own,
but then they die, and then it's gone,
and they've already killed the other.

Battle! The tear that hits the ground,
The groan, the breath and nothing found,
all so they can kill another.

Battle! Raging night and day,
It will never end, they say,
always trying to hurt each other.

7 comments:

lindy said...

Wow, that's pretty powerful.

I don't know what to say! For once...


lol

MJ said...

That's a great poem, Beth.

P.S. You do NOT have enough people visiting your blog. I need to put a word out.

EVERYONE VISIT BETH'S BLOG! EVERYONE VISIT BETH'S BLOG!!!!

Sam said...

did you write this?
if you did i am quite impressed by your sense of rhythm.

quenta tindomerel said...

I love your stanza choice. I get stuck with couplets and quatrains and can't get out of that mode.....

lindy said...

lol! I visit your blog! I promise!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, no I didn't write it, it was written by . . . I forget the name.

Oh It's by Megan Shoune and Allison something.

Anonymous said...

I visit!

Awesome poem! I was talking to Katie and she told me that I needed to come and read it. It is very powerful.