Thursday, November 15, 2007

So Michaela and I are sitting in the den doing school. I'm working on an essay about forests. (yuck) Randomly, out of blue Michaela says " I think I'm dehydrated."

I'm only half-way listening to her. "Why is that?"

"Because when I push on my my finger it stays that way, and doesn't go back."

"Huh? Whatever do you mean?" She launches into an explanation but I interupt her. "Did you try pulling the skin on the back of your hand?" She tries it, and her skin goes right back down. I do it to so we can compare.

"You see, I can push down on my finger and it stays that way, instead of going back immediately to the correct shape." She continues. I try my finger, but all I manage to do is hurt it. I turn back to the computer to continue with the essay "Michaela, I still don't think you are deciduous."

"Deciduous?" We crack up.

"I mean um . . . um, what's the word? oh, dehydrated."






So in Irish Dance, somehow that fact that Riverdance is coming to WA came up. Miss Patti told us that the school normally gets discounted tickets, and they hold a workshop!!!! That would be SO cool. I don't know if it is that Riverdance holds a workshop for any Irish dancers, or if they hold a workshop with our school. Anyway, some of the dancers come and teach and work with us on Irish Dance. I'm very very excited about it.

Also it really is a sure thing that my family gets to go to see Riverdance. If I think about it to much I'm afraid I'll go crazy with excitement . . . I'm already really excited - In fact I've pretty much driven the rest of my siblings crazy with my enthusiasm, even though when I listen to the music I do it with the ipod, so they don't have to hear it, and I only watch Riverdance about once a week. I even do it when mom is gone out to lunch. Sometimes when I watch it, I try to get them to see what I see in it. I mean, after you watch Riverdance for awhile, you lose the ability to see the amazingness of it, unless you watch it the right way. None of them can see it. I've tried to explain, but it really is one of those feeling you just simply can't explain . . . Oh well. I'm hoping seeing it live will make them understand. I get all shivery just thinking about it . . . I guess the best thing I can do is keep quiet about Riverdance for now, so that by the time January comes around, they actually want to see it.

On tuesday our water heater broke. (It seems to be some kind of disease, I know of two other family's that have had their water heater break) Anyway, we took showers at the Kent commons, which was a very interesting experience (the showers had WAY to much pressure) Then we had cold water all of yesterday, and as it was a cold day it made washing had with freezing cold water a VERY undesirable experience.

28 comments:

emily said...

That's soooo cool Beth, I think you and dancing were really meant to be.

lindy said...

That's so neat!!! I hope I can start dancing again soon. :-)

quenta tindomerel said...

lol, well I had to try pushing my finger down!!!!! but my fingers are so calloused from violin playing and old gymnastic scars that they stay down all the time.

or maybe I'm dehydrated. hmmm......

that sounds amazing beth!!!!!

we really must get together and watch riverdance sometime because i STILL haven't seen it. ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Man. ANNA!!! Well, we need to have a sleepover anyway, so lets have a sleepover and watch that.

Dorothy said...

*looks around like Pippin* we're coming too!!!!

*gulps down water hurriedly*

I might see Riverdance too!!!! I told my grandma about it and she's like, oh, and I said it would really be an amazing birthday present. She's not so into Irish dancing, but it would be more for me, you know? so...I don't know. perhaps I'll put another bug in her ear soon. I really really really want to see it too!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good Kacy!

i could lend it to you guys, but I have to lend it to a friend at church first . . .

MJ said...

I'm not against you liking things, Beth, and I'm not trying to be rude, even though I'm sure I sound that way.

I guess dancing has never really been my thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to make it be your thing either.

lindy said...

Oh MJ!! It just makes me sad that dance doesn't make you happy, but I hope you find some thing that DOES make you happy. :-)

Sam said...

*gasp* to think that beth and michaela could be different.

lol i liked this post beth.
decidious made me laugh out loud because it's something i would say.
i'd love to see riverdance too.
you're so awesome at dancing.
only owen and kelsey c are better at dancing in all my friends than you.

Anonymous said...

lol . . . me and Michaela - ahem, Michaela and I, really have a lot of differences. There just not all so obvious. Seriously, if you lived with us, or you were our cousin, you would know. : )

Thanks! Kelsey is really good. She is dancing in both of our performances this december, because we needed a few extra people in softshoe, and she is actually in hardshoe 2 and hardshoe 3, and since I'm in hardshoe 2, I get to do some dancing with her . . . I have to meet Owen someday . . . of course he is better than me, he made it into Riverdance after all!! But seriously, if you watched some of the other Celtic Maidens, you would probably see that the others ARE better than me. . . I think I might have a bit more enthusiasm then the others.

emily said...

hum... I think I'm decidious too. :-o

Anonymous said...

Now, why didn't I comment before? I think we all had to push our finger down Beth, to see if we were dehydrated. :)

Sam said...

nonono, my other friend kelsey, kelsey clemans. she does ballet and she's amazing. though i think kelsey sims is good too, i've just never seen her dance.

lindy said...

I feel.... blah.

lindy said...

Yeah?

Dorothy said...

definately.

lindy said...

What am I saying?

lindy said...

Yeah, me neither.

Anonymous said...

lol . . . new post comming soon, sorry I haven't been on the past few days, it has been crazy around here!

emily said...

Oooh, I say Kelsey the other day! She remembered me as though we were once best friends, but come to think of it I'm not even sure how I know her in the first place. lol.

lindy said...

lol! I think a new post will be nice, but I've very much enjoyed this post. :-)

MJ said...

Sam, we are quite different. You just need to get to know us.

And Lindy, I love dancing, it's just, it's not really my thing. I would rather do stuff with animals.

lindy said...

And that's OK!!!! :-) Some times we each need to find what it is WE want to do because.... and I forgot where I was going with this.



:P

Sam said...

you saw kelsey?
kelsey is pretty much the most amazing person ever.
one of the most mature christians i've ever met, and she's only a couple years older. maddeningly mature, perhaps.
she would remember you.
i think she would remember everyone.

mj....i 'never' use sarcasm, you did know that didn't you? lol just playin

MJ said...

: )

Okay, I'll keep that in mind..

Don't worry, I knew you were kidding. And I do like to be associated with Beth, and I do like to be like her. I just don't want to be EXACTLY the same.

you know what I mean?

emily said...

Beth...

New post please!!!

Tell us about your thoughts on Christmas. Or something.

Dorothy said...

hey no don't Beth, that would be stealing the inspiration for my next post! taking the wind out of my sails, as it were.

PotC 3 comes out in four days!!!!!! (it's official now because it's almost two in the morning)


Kelsey who? not Lost...



Oh Anna it was amazing, we went to a music store on Monday and I was digging through their piano music (looking for a Disney music book actually haha) and I saw Les Mis music!!!! I wanted to take it home with me but I needed the money I had for Christmas shopping and I think usually shoplifting is pretty severely frowned upon, no? it made me happy though. and then today we were getting pics taken and I kept thinking about Noggs every time he needed a new smile lol. it was very fun.