I think I was supposed to post long before now. Sorry all!
I've been pretty busy:
We had an Irish Dance performance last Saturday, which went very well. It was VERY fun, but it was very tiring, and my legs have been hurting. Thankfully they are well now, but it took over a whole week for them to heal . . .
I got a new Riverdance dvd!! It is the newest one, from 2003 or something. I very much so enjoy watching it, although it doesn't have Jean Butler in it. The other girl does a pretty good job though. I did discover that they dance a step that we know, which is really cool. Okay, we don't actually know it, because we haven't officially learned it, but we have learned it from a video. In class we are learning the hard shoe dance the hornpipe, which is really fun. The more I watch Riverdance, they more I marvel at it. I think doing Irish Dance has made me more able to appreciate it. And, while it is very beautiful, and well done, they don't seem to have overly hard stuff in it, like those reindeer leaps or whatever they are.
So anyway, enough raving about Riverdance.
Lets see. We went to the corn maze at Spooner farms, with Grandpa. We go every year, and then we go out to lunch and then get ice cream. We always get a couple small pumpkins for each of us. It is SO much fun! This year, the corn maze was themed The Gold Rush. It was very well done, my favorite so far. One of the best parts of the corn maze is they put in these tunnels, some of them are pitch black. It is really cool, and very confusing. The twins hang closer to us, and hold our hands, as we walk, step by step, forward into the darkness. As we walk, we kind of weave to one side or the other, brushing into the walls. Finally their is a little light, we turn the corner, and their is the end of the tunnel, light seeping out through the cracks of the fabric hanging as a doorway. We walk quickly now, slip out through the doorway, back into the normal criss-crossing paths of the corn maze.
We found a new bed set for my room, we are painting it white. Right now I have a loft bed, but I am getting a little tired of hitting my head on the ceiling, and climbing up and down a ladder to get in and out of bed. Anyway, I am pretty excited to have a normal bed now. Nathan gets my old loft bed.
I'm afraid I have nothing more to say, but you know, something is better than nothing!
21 comments:
Cool! Corn mazes are fun, although I have only been to one and it was dark outside. I only had like a cell phone light or something really wimpy to use. It wasn't as fun as it could have been, but it was still cool!
There are a lot of corn mazes around here. . . I know! You guys should all come over and we can check them all out! And the secret tunnels. . .
lol.
That would be fun. Katie was telling us what you said about the tunnels when she was chatting with you today . . .
I really love corn mazes.
Yes Lucy, tell us about the tunnels!!! I want to know all about the buried treasure!!!
hahahaha news travels really fast among the Hammermaster and Watts! lol I find it hilarious... "Oh did you hear about Lucy and Lindy's house?!?!! They have secret tunnels!!!!!"
hahaha
That was a lovely post Beth!! The corn maze sounds soooooo cool! I should find one around here, that would be fun. :)
River dance sounds like so so so much fun! I'm glad your legs are feeling better... no more hurting yourself ok?! Injuries are no fun at all...
I wish you could teach me more dance though!!
is owen barrington in that riverdance?
that's cool.
corn mazes sound cold. brrr.
i like your bed set btw, i was looking at it today.
Hmm, Anna mentioned that Owen was possibly in it . . . I'm actually watching it again today, with Katie and Elaina. I'll look for him. Maybe he is listed in the credits or something . . .
It wasn't really cold Emily, don't worry.
Yes, news does travel fast between us and the Watts! But then, we do see them a lot!
So who was logged in this time?
That's what I was wondering!! Beth tell Katie she needs to invite me to her blog k? I am inviting her right now. *scuttles off to do so*
:)
Does Katie have a blog?
I think Katie does have a blog. I've seen it. But at the moment I'm too lazy to actually click on her name and go check it out. :-P
Yes, whoops, I was logged in as Katie . . . ugg! Why did everyone else have to get google accounts to? It is very confusing.
Katie used to have a blog. However, she is not going to be blogging . . . at least in this group. She said she might eventually try to create her own group . . .
I want Katie to be part of our blog group!!!
Well she was...once....or maybe twice I think...
I thought it was you Beth! It looked more like you than MJ, somehow.
We still don't know anything about the secret tunnels!
speaking of whom, where is mj?
Secret tunnels, yes! You walk done to the slightly dreary basement and at first you don't see anything. Then you realize, "the light is not turned on!". Silly me, I don't like the light anyways, there is this wonderful thing called a flash light. You flip on the flash light and take a look around. Not much at first, then down the stairs you see a door. It is old and dirty but you can still make out the bows and ribbons carved on it. You turn the old, rusty handle and walk inside. Again at first, not much to see. but as you move the flashlight around you see shelves and place where a bed might of been. But then, something in the corner of your eye catches your attention. You move closer to inspect, it is an old fire place! Too small to have used wood, you open the door, out falls dust and black rocks. As you inspect the rocks something comes to mind, these are coals not rocks! Excitedly you jump up and take another look around. Sure enough, there in the corner is a little stall. Inside you find more of these black rocks you know to be coals. Hanging up on the left side of the stall are these strange looking tools. You figure they must have been used to put coals into the fire place. They are a bit long and one has like a hinge in the middle of it that was used to scoop coals. After you look around some more, you are slightly disappointed, no tunnels. "Oh well" you think to yourself "I'm not THAT lucky." You make your way back to the door and look at it again. It is still pretty even though it is dirty. You come through the door and close it just the way it had been. You start up the stairs and then. . . there it is! What you have been searching and hoping for is right there in front of you! You rub your eyes making sure your not seeing things, still there. You move closer to investigate and sure enough, there are some secret tunnels. Moving your flashlight to get a better view it becomes clear to you that you are not going to be able to go inside right now. It is only big enough to crawl through, not to mention very dusty, and you are dressed far to well to do anything like that. Sighing to yourself you take another look at it and mark in your brain where it is located. Finally you leave the tunnel as it is waiting to be explored by some eager adventurest, and make your way back to the surface where sunlight blinds your eyes as you come up. Running back to the house you tell everybody "Guess what I found!"
I'm here.
what else do I say??
Those sound SO cool Lucy!!!!
Lindy . . . Katie can't join blog. Its not a "younger sister invading my thing" reason either. Its just . . . she's only eleven. And on here, we talk about when we are upset or depressed . . . going through problems. I think that is a very good thing. It's wonderful that we can talk that way . . . but Katie couldn't hear all that. She is in no way ready for it. She would find it . . . burdening almost. She can start her own blog, we can all go on their, she can create a circle of blogs, and it would be very fun.
I could be wrong, and of course I'm a little influenced by not really wanting my "little sister" on blog. But pushing all that aside, I'm pretty certain that Katie shouldn't be on these blogs . . .
I know . . . everyone loves Katie. I can see why you want her.
You're right Beth. I'm sorry for insisting on some thing that isn't my place.
No, not at all. It isn't not your place to ask her. It isn't even my place to say that she could or couldn't. But she respects my opinion, and I gave it. Katie loves that you want to have her here so much.
Post a Comment