I wake up to my alarm clock. It's 6:30. Getting up is always hard but I love to be up early, if I can manage it. Besides, it's completely worth it in this case.
After I'm dressed and I've fished my ghillies out of my Irish Dance bag, I walk all the down the long hallway to Michaela's and Katie's room. After I manage to make it next to Michaela's bed without stepping on the numerous cracks in the floor and waking up Katie, I wake Michaela up. I sneak all the way back out and downstairs. I say good morning to mom, who is running on the elliptical machine and watching TV. I rearrange the den, pushing back the chairs and the table. I have my ghillies tied on and itunes opened, and the first song chosen before Michaela makes it down. This was not exactly one of her fastest mornings.
We do all our stretches and coincidentally forget to do drills. We run through four dance routines, which is pretty much exhausting. Then we work on our Single jig and do our evil arm exercise. We got in a good 40 min practice which is pretty standard right now. After we have reached the allotted time,(7:30) we head out onto the deck. Of course, everything is wet, because it has been raining as usual, so we creep along the very edge of the deck, where the house protects it, so we don't get our ghillies wet. Then we sit on our hands on the wet picnic table, in an attempt to not get wet, which naturally doesn't really work. After we have been sufficiently outside to cool off, (our breath is visible, but it doesn't feel that cold by any means!) We go inside and flop on the couch to watch the rest of the morning news: Anyone else heard about the fires in Southern California?
After breakfast, theusual rush on tuesday mornings to get the important things in school done, before we have to get ready for Latin, Geography and Irish Dance class,begins. At 11:30 we drop school, and eat lunch, pack our Irish Dance stuff, which includes ghillies, hardshoes, clothes for dancing in, and a dinner to eat after class. Emily walks over from the office, and we start the drive over to the Watts house. Its a ten minute drive, but of course, it isn't just that simple. First we have to drop the twins off at grandma's house for the afternoon (every ever week) and mom has to get a pop. When we make it to the Watts house, we chat as we get ready for Latin class. The Starkeys are late, so we get to cut out of our break time to be certain we have homework.
We make it through though, despite expectations, and have an absolutely thrilling break playing Eric and Josh in basketball. (hear the sarcasm in my voice-I mean words) We had fours girls against two boys. We were still whipped. I'm not certain it wasn't because every time we turned around their was a new rule that we had broken . . . The bright spot was we got ice cream for a snack. Of course, we were in SUCH a hurry to get out the door, that I kind of forgot about lunch, and only had half an apple. Aunt Joyce took pity on me, and kindly gave me a bowl of soup during geography class. That was the best thing I have eaten for awhile. After Geography Mom left with the twins. We got ready for Irish Dance, and Aunt Joyce took us up to class. Nathan stayed at the Watts house to play with Ethan.
First off is softshoe. Miss Patti anounces " Today we are going to spend the first 45 minutes on our routine, and then we will spend the last 15 minutes on the slip jig." We cheer, because we haven't gotten to begin learning the slip jig yet, and we have really wanted to forever. A minute later Miss Patti says "Wait a minute, actually, we are going to spend the last 15 minutes going over our reels and light jigs, for those who are going to the feis.We will start the slip jig next week. " We sigh. We knew it was to good to be true. Miss Patti has been saying we will start the slip jig "next week" for weeks now. Their are two kids in our 16 girl class. We all have to drill for this. Who said life was fair?
After classes, we go upstairs. Dad is playing racquetball, and we all eat our dinners. We dance around, talk and eventually go outside. Katie and Elaina make us turn around, while they make up mini performances for us. After half an hour, we go inside, and meet Keira and Hannah, to girls from the advanced classes. We talk until it is time to go. It was super fun, and very funny.
Finally we have to go. We stop at the gas station on the way home, so dad can get a pop, and he gets us a snack to. Then we drop Elaina and Elizabeth of at the Watts house, and panic about Katie's missing history book. We get home, find out she left it in her school pile after all, and fall into bed.
14 comments:
I remember that day! Oh, it was yesterday, wasn't it? I walked all the way to your house, got in your car, and drove all the way back to the law office. :-)
You've got really great memories and you see the beauty in things, Beth, I think. Imagine where you could take this if you brought us with you, described the things that stood out to you and the beauty and humor, kind of like you did in the part where you went outside to get cool after dancing? You can say we had Latin class or you could describe the atmosphere and the people and the group think and then we could re-live it with you instead of just knowing it happened.
But don't get me wrong, I did really enjoy reading this. :-)
That was a lovely post, Beth. :) This makes me want to get up at 6:30 ever morning and dance for 45 minutes!!! Though I like to dance later in the day once my entire body is awake and warmed up. But then I don't have school any more so I can easily be lazy in the morning. :D
Oh oh!! I found a dance studio in town!!! It's not ballroom of course, it's Jazz Tap Ballet and "much much more!" so says the sign. But I am very interested in taking ballet aswell as ballroom. Ballet I think it just a good thing to know in any dance style. :)
Eek! I hope I get a job soon so I can start lessons! I hope I'm not the only 16 year old beginner in the class. :P hahaha
You guys make me want to take a buss to your house. *sigh* I wish I would do that! lol
Yes, thats the one Emily! : )
You're right, I can even see how I could improve this. Latin class would be a fun one to try and recreate, although it actually might be rather hard. Still, I know what you mean.
Yes Lindy,
I've been wondering if getting up later in the day wouldn't be better!
That's a great post, Beth.
Yes, basketball with Josh and Eric was awful, and the best part was the ice cream, and do you have any idea how willing we were feeling to give up some of our break so we could have homework? Sometimes, our moms make no sense.
hahahaha basket ball can't be that bad! lol
It's funny, I used to be, well a lot worse than I am now, until I went to Mexico! 6am with freezing hands and the sun in our eyes I played the best I ever have. I've been so much better since, but never as good. :) Volley ball and basket ball are really the only sports I will play. Well no, kick ball/base ball too, but I'm not that good at soccer. For some reason I just think sports are really fun! Call me weird, but I like them. ONLY however, in non competitive friendly games where winning is not the goal. Fun is. :)
Blah blah blah. Sorry I'll stop talking now.
Great post Beth! Can you come to my house and write about the river? You would absolutely love it!
Lol, you and Lindy are such wonderful writers, you would definately do it better justice than me.
I'd love to come to your house though!
*hug* Thanks Beth!
I will write about it very soon. I promise. I have have been doing a lot of boring writing recently, it is time for me to do something creative! I'm not saying that my posts were the boring writing, I had to write a resume. Have you ever done that before? Very hard, very boring. And I can't go into much detail about what I actually did because all they want is last of what you can do, not the details about it. Clearly my writing has been suffering because I'm writing and babbling on yours.
Don't mind me, I'm just. . . something.
Not saying that I'm something special in any way. I don't know, I was trying to say that I was blah I guess. Or something like that.
You know what I mean, right?
Don't worry, I got it.
Beth, New post!!
Oh...I'm finally back!
I love this post Beth. I think you really captured your day, your feelings, rather than just telling us what you did.
:)
Eowyn White Lady Undomiel:
tsk, tsk. you have time to change your blog url and not make a new post? *pokes* this is the post poke. it says, make a new post or else you will get poked many more times!
I like your new background and name, Beth.
Post a Comment