Thursday, September 13, 2007

Aladidadidadida

Tuesday was our first Irish Dance class, and our first Latin and Geography class for the year. It was WONDERFUl to start Irish Dance class again, and really was good to start Latin and Geography class. It is good to get into the schedule of that again, even if we do moan and groan about it. Somehow though, I get the impression that most of the rest of the class does not agrees with me. I had been reviewing my Latin before classes started, so it helped me get a bit on top of things, which was good. I'm so tired of being bad at Latin! Sometimes it is awful having people like Michaela and Elizabeth and Josh in your class, who are all rather Latin inclined.

Irish Dance went very well. Classes have been rearranged, which causes some schedule difficulties, but it does mean we are done sooner, which really is good, cause then we have something of an evening on Tuesdays. Our classes are really growing, we have thirteen girls in softshoe. It is quite a large class. Amazing, because when I joined that level, I made a total if three students. Now their are thirteen.

Not much is going on though. Oh yes, yesterday was my birthday. I am officially 15. : )


Please forgive my short post. I'll make it up to you. : )



Marble Halls

I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls
with vassels and serfs at my side,
and of all who assembled within those walls
that I was the hope and the pride.
I had riches all too great to count
and a high ancestral name.

But I also dreamt which pleased me most
that you loved me still the same,
that you loved me
you loved me still the same,
that you loved me
you loved me still the same.

I dreamt that suitors sought my hand,
that knights upon bended knee
and with vows no maidens heart could withstand,
they pledged their faith to me.
And I dreamt that one of that noble host
came forth my hand to claim.

But I also dreamt which charmed me most
that you loved me still the same
that you loved me
you loved me still the same,
that you loved me
you loved me still the same.

7 comments:

lindy said...

happy happy happy happy birthday!!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

can you show me more irish? yes yes! would you? I've practiced what you taught me, or MJ taught me, at camp and I want to learn more. :)

lovely post.

emily said...

pffft, at least you're still IN the class, Beth. I had to drop. My mom tried to cover that up when she explained it to the class, but the truth is I dropped because I was failing too badly to recover. So be thankful for what you can do!

And a very happy birthday to you! I feel bad that I didn't call yesterday. But I suppose we shall celebrate latter? Can't wait!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday! I didn't realize that you're older than me...My 15th birthday's in about 4 months.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would LOVE to teach anyone who wants to learn Irish Dancing!! It would be so fun.

Thankyou all.

Well, Emily, you are getting older, so you probably would be moving on from Latin anyway.

Dorothy said...

ooo...latin. ugghh. foreign language is just, ummm, let's not go there...fun, but beyond hard sometimes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!! you totally should've seen the look on your face when we brought out YOUR cake and presents and started singing happy birthday! good memories...

quenta tindomerel said...

my ipod keeps stalking me with that song.

anyway...LATIN ROCKS! VERGIL ROCKS! AENEAS ROCKS!

everything rocks.

hmmm.

lindy said...

haha every thing rocks. :)