Tuesday, August 14, 2007


Lets see . . .

I'm busy doing:

Algebra and Grammar every other day.

Learning a duet with Michaela (piano and recorder) . . . um interesting, although it technically should work out, we just each need to learn our parts better

Choreographing another dance, everyone thought I was crazy, until the realized what a genius idea I had. : )

Listening to books on tape.

Reading (pretty much anything)

sitting out in the sun

waiting for the Watts to come home

editing 600 photos a friend took of our Irish Dance performance.

creating desktop backgrounds with the photos (or at least, that is the idea, I'm not doing so well. It isn't working very well.) I did manage to create one.)

Oh, and attempting to write poetry on our Irish Dance performance (not going well AT ALL, no matter how many lovely ideas I have in my head.)



Perhaps I can had more to this post later.

Okay, here is my poem. Thanks for your idea Lindy, it really helped!!



Dance

This is dance,
Hard, exhausting, painful,
we have sore muscles,
we have pain.
But, we also
fly
we skip,
we flow with the music.
Big leaps,
high jumps,
little pitter patter skips.
Cuts and hops and whips
and points, Jump two threes, pull backs.

A moment of floating
before we tough the ground again,
to take off,
and float,
for another moment
together, floating.

or,
we dance,
in rhythm,
in beat,
in time.
We are dancing,
with energy,
with the music.
We tap, we click, we stomp.
We hop and we jump.
Here, synchronized
is the key.
We dance,
strait and tall and proud
Our feet flash and fly,
together
we add to the music
shoulder to shoulder,
hand to hand,
we jig and we reel.

We are always caught up in the music,
until it ends,
we bow,
and realize,
our legs are throbbing,
we are out of breath,
or faces are hot,
our hearts beating in our head.
But we danced,
and danced well.
And that was all we needed,
all that mattered.

43 comments:

MJ said...

Wow, sounds most interesting, sister dear.

lindy said...

haha! I agree. :)

I love reading your posts cause they're so free of care and things of importance.... it's a real nice change of pace from life out side blog. :)


Can I give you a tip on poetry? Just sit down with a pen and paper and write down every thing that comes to mind about Irish dance, and your performance. Then review, and see what you have. Some time the brain needs a little push to get going.


helpful? doubtful. *sigh* though I have to try.

Sam said...

hahahah wasn't that what I told you to do lindy? lolololol.
oh life is beautiful.
i love your posting style too beth.
write us some poetry!

quenta tindomerel said...

you always have genius ideas.

and I like your desktop! it's cool!

*is sad she has stopped making wallpapers*
*resolves to learn photoshop ASAP*

Anonymous said...

I'd love to help you with Photoshop Anna. It really is so easy. Especially when it comes to making backgrounds. I could very likely tell you what to do without being their. Actually . . . yes, I could. (as I think about the process, I know I could.)

Thanks Elenya. Sometimes (actually most times) I feel like I don't have anything good to add to blog. Mostly because I haven't really formed opinions, and I generally can't bring good topics of conversation. It is interesting how much being on blog has helped. I mean, I would say I am opinionated, but then on blog, I'm not at all. I think it is because I haven't thought about so many things that we talk about, and I want to form an opinion, because then I can enter into the conversation. Anyway, my point is, it is nice that you enjoy what I have to say . . . even though it doesn't seem important.

Okay, I'm going to try and write some poetry now . . .

And by the way Sam, it means a lot to me that you like my style of posting . . . it is super encouraging. I really want to be able to write, and I am trying. It sure isn't easy . . .


Life is beautiful.

Dorothy said...

Oh yes Beth, we all have our different styles, but yours is such a nice break from the sometimes intenser styles! (yes, I made that up)

I loooove your wallpaper! What books on tape are you listening to? What are you reading?

I like to read your blog and actually know what you've been doing. Most of us talk about what's inside of us only, and rarely about our day to day lives. Since I don't see you much, it's nice to have some of both.

MJ said...

Thanks for complimenting my sister, Sam, it makes me almost as happy as it makes her happy.

I feel I can't add to blog because I can't write well, and i normally never have good thoughts.

I can talk better in person, and artistically, I draw better than I write, and I love animals, what does that have to do with blog?

No, I'm not random...

MJ said...

Oh, one more thing, let's not be poetic and emotional, fluffing everthing up and writing the extremes to be seen. Let's be down to earth and honest. (I am not accusing anyone)

(Okay, okay, that was a little random)

Anonymous said...

Have I said anything yet? Oh, guess not, ok then.

Why should I say something that everybody else has said? Should I think up a new word to mean the same? Joyonderful, that is my new word that says the same compliment as them. Read from up to down, there you will get the full meaning.

Need inspiration? Think of something random (there's that word again) and just write about it, no matter what it is. Not saying I'm an expert on this, it just sounded right.

Anonymous said...

??????????????

There goes my sub-conscience again.

Dorothy said...

lol, did Lucy have any sugar today?

Sam said...

"let's not be poetic and emotional"

*sigh*
well there goes all of my posts and comments.

just give me your hand and let's jump out the window....

well you're welcome beth, i mean it, and you're welcome too mj. lol.

Anonymous said...

Michaela,

saying that it makes you happy when other people compliment ME, is sweet, but it is rather "poetic and emotional" : ) : )

By the way, I added my poem on to the end of this post . . . Thank you Lindy, for the great tip! It really helped.

Anonymous said...

"Just give me your hand and lets jump out the window"?

???

quenta tindomerel said...

well, there goes my life....no poetic and emotional writing?

I like the poem Eowyn! it has rhythm to it, just like Irish Dance.

Anonymous said...

Just a smidgen!

Anonymous said...

Ha! My writing isn't usually "poetic and emotional". So I'm safe from that one!


It's not poetic and emotional, is it?

MJ said...

I don't know, Luc, maybe trying not to be makes you poetic and emotional.

Okay, call me a hypocrite. But I do think it's too easy to be over dramatic.

"Give me your hand and let's jump out the window." It reminds me of Princess Bride when Buttercup jumps out the window.- I am not trying to change the subject.

Let's get back to that over dramatic stuff (or hopefully the lack thereof.) Call me random.

MJ said...

One more thing (here I go again...)

My thoughts are untracable and not most likely not understandable to anyone but me, so sorry if I don't make any sense to anyone.

lindy said...

hehe, thought you'd notice that Sam. :) Yes, that was the same advice you gave me... so I decided to spread the joy. :) It works too, that's how I got that poem about dance outa me. lol


poetic and emotional? gosh then where does life come in? Sam... just give me YOUR hand and we'll jump out the window... I'll go first.

MJ said...

All this window stuff is making me worried, what's at the bottom? If it's a trampoline, okay, if it's a mattress, I guess okay. If it's cement, Sam, go first. You can catch me. (Of course that's assuming you're not unconsiece (sp?))

But please, I really think a trampoline or a huge pile of feather mattresses and blankets would probably be best.

Anonymous said...

Lol.

Michaela, I don't think you should apologies for being random, everybody is, on here.

quenta tindomerel said...

wait, Elenya, let me go first!

I don't know about them, but I'm jumping into the swimming pool.

MJ said...

i'm not really apologizing for being random.

Swimming pool, that's a good idea, Anna, but it's wet, and most people don't have swimming pools in their backyard.

I suppose most people don't have a bunch of feather mattresses and blankets either....

Anonymous said...

Hhhmmm. . .


It's ok that your thoughts aren't understandable by anybody, my thoughts are the same way.


I prefer to NOT jump out the window.
You guys go ahead, I'll just wait up here watching.

Dorothy said...

I'm going to jump head-first, and when I fall, Up is Down, and I'll be right side up and will land on my feet.

It's a second-story window right? *breaks into song* There will have to be a ship at sea there, so I should be fine as long as there's a life ring or something and Anna to throw it to me. So, that's it, Anna's going first, and I'm following head-first.

singing second-story window.

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE it is a second story window!

You wrote a poem about dance Elenya? I would love to read it.

Anonymous said...

You guys go on ahead and jump out of the window, but chances are the landing is going to hurt.

*joins Kacy in song* Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Up above the Sky so high, and threw it out the window! The window. The second story window. . . *goes off singing*

MJ said...

Jumping out windows... so thrilling... so dangerous... so...

Our idea of fun is a little warped, but as long as the windows stay in our imagination, it's fine.


I'm jumping out the window, and as soon as I leave the ground, I'll take off in flight. (I fly very well, and I do it very often in my dreams) Sorry whoever is jumping out with me, I can't fly two people..

Sam said...

you guys!

Anonymous said...

*oh so sweetly* Yes?

MJ said...

Yes?

Do you want to change the conversation?...

I feel kind of like a robot, no that's not the word, I feel more like a bug, or a bump on the log.

lindy said...

oh btw, yes, I did write a poem about dance. it's on my blog under the tag "and then we closed our eyes and the world faded around us"

you can't miss it. :)

Anonymous said...

MJ, you ain't no bug, or bump on the log. Perk up! We love you! :) ;P

MJ said...

thanks!

I'm not trying to be gloomy...

emily said...

Beth, you know what you should do? Write an irish dancing poem to the rythm of the real.

Cut step step
Cut step step
Cut two three four five six seven

Stop and go
Stop and go
Stop and find you will be amazed

Just... those are TERRIBLE words, you do it better. :-)

I do like the poem you did write! And your walpaper is pretty cool too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Emily.

that is a really good idea . . . were you thinking that it should be related to Irish Dance?

emily said...

uh, well, yes, that would make since. :-)

Anonymous said...

bubble

lindy said...

Wow! 39, 40 posts! That ot to tell you one thing..... new post!

Love the poem, make a new one! AND POST IT!!!

:)

emily said...

i second that motion!

lindy said...

new post!

Dorothy said...

there's a bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea...

this could get randomer than random. I think I'll go read the NEW post now!!