Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Celtic Maidens (again)

Well,

Our tiny little town of Sumner has a tiny little newspaper, called the Sumner Reporter. Miss Shelly said that the photo guy to down our names, and today we got the paper.

They have a photo page, and there was one photo, of Katie. Beneath it Said "Katie Hammermaster, age 11, dancing with the Celtic Maidens Irish Dance Troupe."

Miss Shelly, who also writes an article talked about us. I'm glad we got in at all. It's just . . . I was hoping it would be all of us in the photo. Not just one of us. Not just Katie. I know it is selfish. It would have been really cool if all of us got in.

She looks really cute. I probably would have looked weird anyway.

I just can't help wanting that little moment of fame. Of course, the amount of fame that comes from our 20 page newspaper is relative. As in nothing. Still, to see us in a newspaper?!! But, at least the Celtic Maidens got in at all . . . and it really is quite cool. We were in the newspaper. It is just that Katie gets a photo.

Anyway . . .

9 comments:

Sam said...

hahahaha if i was an irish dancer i would want my picture in, too.
i don't blame you at all.

MJ said...

Thanks, Sam, because Beth said my thougts, too.

Beth, did it ever occur to you that maybe Katie will start to feel better? It was her, not Elaina who appeared in the paper, and only her, not her and Elaina whose picture was there. (Not to mention, You, me, and Liz weren't in the paper, either)

Well, I just hope something very good can come of this, not like it's a huge deal.

Dorothy said...

That's so cool though! I agree, it may or may not be selfish, but I would want to be in the paper too. I've never been famous...

Wow. Celebrity Jepoardy sucks. They all act like five year olds and don't even know 1) Louis XVI was not an emperor, Bonaparte was the emperor, and 2) the Supreme Court is in the judicial branch of government (they didn't even guess on that one, just sat there looking like idiots).

sorry. I like Jepoardy, but I'm not watching any more this week. the celebrities really get on my nerves.

Good luck with those other two offers you got though! You're going to be super-famous someday, and they'll write a whole article about you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yes Michaela, I agree. I think it might help.

Still . . .

I'm glad to have some sympathy. Not like I'm this poor misunderstood person who everybody mistreats. : )

Celebrity Jepardy sound amusing at the least!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth!
I know your are on right now.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you had fun and at least the Troupe was mentioned in the paper.

MJ said...

Yah, we really shouldn't be complaining.

Beth, may I suggest, in the kindest way possible, that you make another post, now?

Dorothy said...

*is less kind*

NEW POST BETHANY!!!!!!!

JK ;) about the less kind part, not joking about the new post part. =-)

lindy said...

I think if one dwells on it's ungiven credit it becomes a problem... but I feel the same way about things: like one night at Bible study we were singing and a girl in front of me and Lucy kept looking back trying to figure out which voice went where, and she misplaced them, and gave credit to Lucy. (Oh yes, poor me.) And I handled it awfully.

So Beth, you are actually being very gracious about this situation.(cause I know how this could have been handled badly)








Now... new post please. :)