Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Celtic Maidens Irish Dance Troupe


So . . . I know I promised to post every week, and I am. It is just at the tail end of the week.

The reason I delayed posting was because I wanted to write about the Sumner Summer Arts Festival, where we performed. It went super well, and was soo much fun!

The day of we went really early over to the park we were performing at, because a friend of mine was performing in a play. We had an hour to wait after that, but between putting on our Ribbons and helping Elizabeth and Elaina get a feel for the stage, because they weren't able to see it until that day,it went very quickly. The show itself went very well. Everyone seemed to like the dances, and we had a good sized audience. Because we were outside, lots of people were standing around on the sidewalks. The twins were in one of the dances, and they did a great job.

We were invited to dance at two other places, the Old Canary, and some kind of talent festival. the people who are interested will probably contact Miss Shelly, and she will contact us. It would be so cool if anything worked out.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! It sounds like you had fun. Did you get a video of it? I want to see! I WANT to see!!

You girls are so pretty all dressed up! ;) Write another poem so it feels like I'm there again, please. :) lol

Anonymous said...

BTW, your hair is beautiful curly! :)

Sarah said...

I wish I could've seen you all perform! I have a friend here in my town that does that too.
And I agree with Lucy, you look pretty with curly hair. Love the dresses, too!

lindy said...

Ooo! You all look SO cute! Lovely hair, and lovely dresses!

Same here, did you video tape it?

Anonymous said...

http://www.thenewstribune.com/ae/story/124890.html

This is an article about an Irish Dancer, Sam's friend. It is really interesting.

Thanks everyone!
I will write another poem, and we did video tape it. Once we make it into a dvd, maybe I can mail those who want it to them.

I'm glad you like my hair. : )

Sam said...

i found the article online, but your link didn't work.

it's a good article, it almost captures owen's sense of humor but not quite. he is very funny in real life. that part about costume malfunctions is hilarious. man.

great find, beth.

and wow!
i heard about your performance!
that's so cool!
you all look pretty and katie's smile is most impressive imho lol.

barristerwa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes, Katie definately looks the best in that photo. Everybody comments on her smile. (remember Pastor Harris said "the Hammermaster Smile"one year? I think it was directed at Katie.) She is cute, so I see where they are coming from. When I get chance, I am going to add more photos . . . Our friend, Mr. Geyer took 650!! I'm editing through them right now.

Actually, it was sooo anoying, I got it all edited, and then it force quit and I lost everything!! I've already started re-editing.

So typical. AFTER we cancel our subscription to the newspaper, then the article with the Irish Dancer comes out . . . Two people told me about it, and someone else actually gave it to me. Owen sounds like a really neat guy. I think it is really cool that he wants to start a dance studio . . . according to the article that is.

Anonymous said...

On close inspection of the photo,

ugg . . . yes we all look very weird. Except Katie.

lindy said...

Well, even if you do look a littl "weird" I think your hair and dresses make up for it! lol LOVE the dresses.

Dorothy said...

still shots of dancing always make people look weird. I bet the video is even better - high praise indeed!

I will watch it asap. is it on your website?

Anonymous said...

Not yet.

We can't put it all up either, it would probably be to long. We shall see. I think I will add some more photos to the post to. We have some really good ones.
We don't even look weird. (Well I do.)

I'm glad you like our costumes. Actually, they are short sleeve leotards, our dance skirts (tights, of course) and ribbons, glued together to make them wider for around our waist. It was all quite easy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I am trying to write a poem, but it isn't flowing. You know, choreographing a dance is like writing a poem. If you get going, it just flows. I'm wondering if I have to be doing one or the other, I have a lot choreography floating around in my brain right now, even some things I would like to choreograph. ( My siblings think I am crazy to want to be choreographing more dances . . . not that I really can. It HURTS to dance right now.)

Dorothy said...

it hurts to bend over right now.

that's what comes from fifty pounds of golf clubs over three miles. don't ever start golf; it's a painful habit :)