"Swish swish, clang clang"
"She lost her name?"
"Don't say I didn't warn you"
"One more time!"
"Dodgeball!"
"This is fun'n'stuff. For some of us this may be fun, for others of us it may just be stuff."
"It's confidential"
"I love Camp Hope!"
"If you're bigfoot, what was that?"
"I know! Let's do a ballet represenation of Camp Hope!"
"Spoons!!!"
"Volleyball!"
"Willow's hurt"
"Gutterball!"
"Life is hard, and then you die."
"Nathan's lost"
"Let's have our OWN emotional devotional."
"No whinning."
"5-4-3-2-1"
"Okay, Downtown time"
"One hour later" (All the girls comment "What, they threw a football for a whole hour?" and start laughing.)
*hugs*
"I'm starving . . ."
"I am the first one in all of Camp Hope history to be up here!"
"Well, I have the cookies! : )"
Camp Hope was soooo fun this year, although it always is.
It would be sad if Camp Hope didn't reach my expectations. But it never hasn't so I don't really need worry . . . generally something happens last minute just to tie everything together, and make it a wonderfull week. On the way home I was just smiling because I had so much fun, and I was so happy. No, I was joyful.
I was more tired by the end of each day though, actually, probably more mentally tired than anything. First of all, we couldn't be part of the other teens devotionals, and because we were divided up as two groups, we didn't even spend that much time together. I didn't really get to see half the people I wanted to half as much as I wanted. Also, after playing sport games I was just discouraged! I want to be like Lindy and Lucy, making an efort in anything and able to somewhat throw a ball.
But, I did get to know Jessica and Raeshelle, and I did really well on Volleyball, especially before the Campfire. So long as we didn't play with the really big ball, I could serve it, which was really awsome!! And watching everyone's antics in games doing clever things, or attempting clever things, was really amusing. Staying with the Juniors while the teens went on the hike to Goat's Peak was fun, everybody wants to be with you, because you are the "teens" and Me and Elizabeth got to go into Winthrop. Oh, and we made a mountain Range in the Volleyball court, but sadly, it got ruined before anyone could admire it(or laugh at it.) Don't worry, we took photos.
19 comments:
"I didn't really get to see half the people I wanted to half as much as I wanted."
That was an amazing post, my very favorite parenthesees! Especially the quotes at the beginning. "Let's have our OWN emotional devotional." lol, I love you Beth.
*smiles*
Thankyou Emily.
I'm glad my post seemed to amuse you as much as your post did for me on your blog!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...
oh good times...!!!
funny, I missed some of those. I really wished we could've spent more time together too, but that just means we have to PLAN and get together soon!!!
hahahahahaha. SWEET. please don't be offended if i copy your style sometime.
your people-trying-to-be-clever was directed at me, wasn't it? be honest. *looks into beth's eyes*
Well . . . *looks into Sam's eyes* Yes, I was thinking of you, But, it was along with several other people.
Although, many of the clever things worked out, so don't worry. : ) Most people do try to do clever things though, that is, most boys do. So . . . : )
And if someone wanted to copy my writing style I don't think I would every be offended, I would be very much so flattered.
Boy, oh boy. What am I missing out on now...
Oh, and by the way, Sam, don't worry, you aren't the only one trying-to-be-clever. (JK)
i'm so cleaver. op, i mean clever.
lol.
I hope you aren't insulted Sam. : )
haha...ummm...what happened to intelligent conversation?
wait, you're saying I'm on the wrong blog for that?
oh.
lol, I might have to copy it sometime too!
The whole time during your skit I wanted raeshelle to get up and yell "I'M WEARING GREEN STUFF! LOOK AT ME!"
I'm not sure why. I was very hyper that night.
hey, we'll have more time, oh middle teen camper. :P *Winkwink* love you Eowyn. and I got to be adoring fan #2!
I just love Camp hope. Intelligent conversation?
Nope, not here?
hmmm...I thought as much.
*ahem* *whispers*
new post...
well so much for posting all the time.
*glares*
:-)
i am so deeply offended i think i will go sob my guts out.
I like your blog! It really brought back the memories.
You forgot
"A loving. . . hand shake!"
I wish we had more time to visit at camp. Too many kids, not enough me to spread around.
Oh Eowyn, I love your post! I've never seen one like it, and I hope you don't mind if I as well steal your writing style some time... it was quite clever. :)
(that is how you spell clever, yes?) *snort*
And there's no need for inteligent conversation ALL the time. Talking silly is some times more fun! Besides, I have to be an adult 24-7 in every day life so having silly time with you guys gives a relief to my packed brain. :) That's ehy I was so goofy at camp.
Would you mind if I added your post & the quotes to the memory book I'm making of Camp Hope?
- Sarah I.
Post a Comment