For some reason I have the ability to not think about my own difficulties. Reading blogs, oh poor Emily, I'm so glad I don't have troubles like that, I don't even realize that that is not the truth . . .
Chores, School, babysitting, Co-op, I seem to be weighed down with things I need to do. Now mom said that I need to get eighty percent or higher on my math lessons, not just my math tests. She says I'm being careless about math. Be that as it may, I have 30 questions in each math lesson. So if I get six questions or under right, I'm fine, but any more than that, and I lose computer privleges. It starts tomarrow, so if you don't see me so much any more, you know why. Mom says she thinks that I will put more time into math (the time that I DON'T have!) I will improve, and this won't be such and issue. So, hopefully she's right, and it won't take me too long to "relearn" the way I do school.
I guess part of my problem is I make enjoyment things way to much a priority. All my life I've been able to get school done relatively quickly, and have time to play, etc. etc. This year I'm feeling way more pressured and busy. I guess I just need to get devoted to school, and work, work, work. Mom says that she thinks we spend to much time talking in the morning (Michaela, Katie and I all work in the same room.) which is probably true. Maybe I need to move up to my room. But my room normally is a mess, so I try to stay out of it untill I can clean it, and then I don't have enough time. Somehow I don't think working in a messy room would help me. Environment and all that you know. Elizabeth says that someone can make themselves love school. Maybe I should try that. Anyway if you guys could pray for me, I would apreciate it.
8 comments:
I will pray for you and YES, you can make yourself love school. even math. it's hard, but you can love it. or rather, the tired feeling of accomplishment when you finish a hard problem. the rush of excitement as you realize you got ALL of them right. it works if you force yourself to it.
These kinds of problems are, I think, the hardest to deal with. There's nothing glamorous about them, you are totaly on your own to face them, and there is nothing for it but to work hard... which, when you're stressed, is just tourture...
I feel a lot of sympothy for you, Beth. But you can do it, I know you've always been a good student. You know what you have to do, and I think you'll find that it gets exciting once you've gotten a little ways into it. But I'll be praying for you.
Definitely praying for you Eowyn!!! You can do it!!!
Does that really work? Math strugles...I know exactly how you feel. And you're right Em. No glamour. No fun. Just hard work.
I think I could use some prayer in the area of chemistry. That and math go hand in hand and I'm not doing so well in either area right now. I know how you feel Eowyn, with not enough time. and these things are so mentally draining that you just don't want to do anything after a while of it. But you'll do fine. Just apply yourself and it'll go even faster after awhile.
How are things in your corner of the world Em?
And Lego, you like never ask for prayer for you! How are you doing?
Thanks you guys . . .
I'm not even that great of a student, not really. I always feel struggling to keep up with Michaela and Elizabeth. Michaela says that sometimes that doing well in school is grasping and understanding an idea. (She wasn't bragging or anything when she said that, we were talking together) I think she's right.
Michaela and Elizabeth are both super interlecutal. Neither of them have your warmth or sincerity, though. Bad Beth, don't compare yourself to others. Bad bad bad. :-)
I don't think anyone can help comparing themselves to other people, especially when they want to be like them. . . thanks Emily.
well, sometimes it's good to try and achieve the attributes you like in the people you admire, but don't compare your faults to their perfections, because everyone has faults and good qualities. try and find a good quality you have that you see more perfected in them, and work on that. that way you won't forever be trying to measure up to them, instead, you'll just be working on something that you're already partially good at, but could be better at.
and Em's right, you are so open and...what's the word?!? Able to talk to...I know there's a word!
bad day for words. I couldn't spell rhythm earlier without looking it up!
Thanks Kacy . . . I really apreciate your advice.
Post a Comment