I saw Eragon!
I really liked it. Naturally, they did not follow the book, but we were talking about it and the only movies that I know that really follow the books are LOTR, Anne of Green Gables, and Pride and Prejudice. Oh, I think Gone with the Wind does, but I forget.
The actor of Eragon was really good. I definatly liked him. He did a good job. Saphira was wonderfull. She had a really good voice, and the computer or whatever that she was made with was really cool. After Saphira hatched, she was REALLY cute. Adorable. The egg was pretty cool. It was the right color, and all polished like it was supposed to be, but as Emily pointed out, it looked like a Jelly bean.
I think Arya was pretty good. She was definatly a little off, and she looked older than Eragon, which was anoying, even though she was a whole lot older than him for real, she should have looked younger. She was NOT dancing around in a mini skirt like Emily said, it certianly was shorter, it wasn't supposed to be really long. It ended below her knee. Basically they made more of a romance out of the story, but they didn't kiss or anything, it could have been a lot worse. Basically Arya was just way to interested in Eragon, where as in the book, Eragon was interested in Arya. (Which he deffinatly was in the movie.) But I guessed going into the movie they would make more of Arya. So Arya was one of the major flaws. Another problem was there was nothing about the elves or dwarfs(they did mention them) which I know dad was upset about . . .
Otherwise I really liked the movie. I do think Brom died to soon, but they do have to move the story along though. I think all in all, I liked it more than Narnia. Ask Emily. She wouldn't agree. I would like to own Eragon though. The music was really good. The theature screen where it was shown was a large room, but it was not really full at all.
Well, I must go!
19 comments:
LOL... Well I'm glad you liked it. It'll be interesting to see weather the general consensus is positive or not here.
I don't know when I'll see it. I don't exactly have funds to see it in the theatre right now, and I think my parents aren't interested enough to see it before it comes out. I'll probably finish the Count of Monte Cristo and the other books on my humongo list, then read the book and see the movie when it comes out.
Or maybe I'll see the movie first and then read the book so I won't be disappointed either way...
you should read the book first Verya, it helps you understand the movie. Just when you watch the movie, you just need to seperate it from the book, almost as if it were another story, so it doesn't frustrate you.
You should see the movie first, Vera, or else you'll hate it.
:-D
Well I read the book first and I still enjoyed the movie, so I think it depends on your perspective.
Exactly. Are you normaly a pretty tough critic?
That really is the question. I'm not normally very critical about anything. Well, some things. But most things don't bother me.
My point exactly. You're not very critical, so you were okay with seeing the movie after you read the book.
I am very critical, and I was not okay with seeing the movie after I read the book.
So if Vera's critical, she should see the movie first. If she's not, she should read the book first.
Right.
Okay, since you're all arguing about me while I'm not looking, here's what I think:
I absolutely hate payed movie critics, because they pick apart the movies that I love and find every bad part. I watch a movie for an hour and a half of entertainment, and it has to be pretty bad for me to not reccommend it or like it at least.
However, when it comes to books, it I absolutely loved the book, I can be pretty critical about what they change or leave out. Since I'm a writer, I think of myself as the author, and how mad I'd be if they changed such-and-such about my book. So there I can tend to be critical.
On the whole, I want to see the movie first and then read the book, so I won't be disappointed either way. This springs from both practicality and a want to keep my critical side from coming our. Practically, because I might see it soon after Christmas and I know I won't have time to read the book for quite a while.
Good, good. Me and Ribbons were having a fine time about that.
LOL... That was funny.
you guys make me laugh. rotfl. see?
That's it. I'm going to call someone tomorrow. Maybe more than one someone!
If I can talk over this sore throat...:)
Christmas break is still fun...but I wan't planning on being sick. I'm getting so much done on my room though! It's...well, elegant, but I want a mini-Rivendell. So I'm adding elvish touches. Like, i'm gonna make elvish rune stencils and paint the ring poem up at the top of my walls all the way around my room. and hang the map of M.E. tapestry Mom got me for Christmas! And...I'm not sure what else. Some cool ideas, but I have to see if mom'll let me or not, haha.
Ah, there I go again. I know why I never post - I say everything in my really long comments!
You still need to post Verya!
I'm so surprised you didn't post about the snow, Eowyn!
btw, you're here right now. And you're saying, "Okay, we can pull it out of there..."
You guys are crazy!
I did post yesterday. Twice, actually. And I'm sure I'll post again today because my throat is worse and I'm home alone most of the day...parents have a board (bored) meeting, ha-ha. I'm super bored, but I need to do some stuff...
I'll post later. You need to post though!
sewing Lizzies dress . . .It was lots of fun.
When do we get a new post Eowyn?
Post a Comment