So, yesterday was the Medieval feast that we were invited too, originally the W-- family's and B-- family's.
It was really fun. I stayed two nights at the W-- house, helping Elizabeth sew her dress. And then I got to go with them to a costume store where Aunt Joyce, Emily, and Eric were renting costumes. They all got costumes, Aunt Joyces was a red velvet dress (she was the queen), and Emily found this beautifull green dress, that I really liked. Eric found a great costume, but naturally, he didn't like it, but I thought it was awsome.
The feast was really fun, especially because I got to see Anna again. It seemed very Authentic. It was all very nice, but the best part was the dancing. I had learned three dances with the Watts, on one of the nights I was at their house, but they only did one of them, and then found another one, which they modified. The first one, which I new, was very boring, but it was a good way to start out. The second one was really really fun. They showed it to us, it was a line dance. So after they demonstrate, Aunt Joyce says "Everybody take a partner, boys on the left, girls on the right." Well, typical, Eric and Zach disapeared, and since there was already a majority of girls, we did mostly pairs of girls. It was really funny though, because we could see Eric and Zach looking in through the window, but determined to NOT come in.
It was very funny, Ethan stood up by a table with a tablecloth, to recite a poem. As he did that, he grabbed onto the corner and would sortof tug at the table cloth, because he was nerveous. So my dad was sitting near the table, and grabbed onto the otherside, so it wouldn't fall of!
Mr. B-- acted as a jester, and made some horrible jokes. One was, why was the Middle Ages called the Dark Ages? So everyone make some very educated answers, especially Anna, who's answer was the best. So he finally says, no, because there were so many Knights. Haha. It was sortof funny, but not really. And then Sam puts in his answer, "Because the sun wasn't so bright." Mr. B-- sortof laughs and says "I think MY son isn't so bright." We all laughed at that, and then Sam declared that he set the whole thing up, planning that his dad would say that.
Sometime in the middle of the feast Eric took his costume of. he went up to Aunt Joyce to say something, and Aunt Joyce says, "Ah, the unclothed squire." Me and Elizabeth heard the whole thing, and Elizabeth said, "I think she means uncostumed."
At the feast there was a hightable for the King, Queen and the other Adults. The closer you sit to the high table, the higher Royalty you are. Me and Elizabeth, were the highest at our table. So Elizabeth thought up, "If that is the high table, are those high chairs?" So Katie told it to Mr. B-- and he found it very amusing.
Zach read a report on falconry, which was actually written by his dad in 8th grade. Zach told us it was written in 1977 and Uncle Tom said, "That is a long time from now." Later, in reading the report, there was a line that said, "Nobody who was anybody didn't own a falcon." Everyone found that funny, and afterwards, Mr. B-- said that it was copywrited.
Elizabeth read a essay she had written called "The idiots guide to Medieval Feasting."
Me, Emily, and Anna sang Angels we Have heard on High, which, acording to Michaela, sounded good till the last verse.
I took the title Princess Treasa Ni Chorrain of Ireland, and found a great tiara and Clairs, and then with a dry erase marker colored the jewels red, to match my dress.
All and all it was tons of fun.
9 comments:
lol... goodtimes.
oh yes, some great memories there. i enjoyed katie's laughing at my jokes.
Katie will laugh at anything . . . .
Especially when in an exciting situation like that. Althogh you did say some funny things . . . But she was a little hyper.
Katie will laugh at anything . . . .
Especially when in an exciting situation like that. Althogh you did say some funny things . . . But she was a little hyper.
Katie will laugh at anything . . . .
Especially when in an exciting situation like that. Althogh you did say some funny things . . . But she was a little hyper.
lol yeah, i just love the way she laughes. i involuntarily laugh when she does.
I know what you mean . . .
But since she is my sister, I can't always agree.
Ug. Now I'm anonymous too. What is going ON? It must be when you change usernames. :-(
Blogger was being annoying.
Oh that sounds like so much fun!!! Co-op's Medieval class is going to have a feast (and I'm in it!) after next trimester, but i won't be the same, or as fun. I know I can't talk them into dancing. Maybe at the girls' campout us girls could dance?
I love Katie's laugh too. Laughing is wonderful, isn't it?
Lalaith...
Post a Comment