Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Irish Dancing

I am so excited!
Yesterday was Irish Dancing. Actually, it is a new session, so there was a week break.
Anyhow . . . Miss. Patti was hoping that the same group of kids would take Irish Dancing again, so we could continue in Irish Soft Shoe one. There are four basic dances, the Reel, the Light Jig, the Slip Jig and one other. She wanted us to learn those, and then move up a level. However, only 3 people are retaking the class, including me, so she said after class, that if I could join the irish softshoe two, that would be great. Mom said we could, so we hung out in Kent, eating dinner and looking at stores. Then I had my class. It was really nice, because their are only 3 girls, which means a lot more individual atention. It is alot faster moving, and way funner. We are learning the light jig, and learned the rise and grind and the sink and grind yesterday.

5 comments:

quenta tindomerel said...

Awesome! so you're up there in class two already!
there were some Irish Hardshoe dancers on TV the other day. is the difference between hardshoe and softshoe just the shoes?

Dorothy said...

Gee, sounds like it to me...lol.
Grind, huh? that sounds interesting (almost dangerous).
No I'm just teasing you Eowyn! It's good to hear from you again, I'm glad you're posting after like forever!
I'm sorry but I was gone like all day. I'll try and post tonight, but if I can't I'll do it tomorrow. I'll be at Dad's office (high-speed, heaven) so I should be able to post again during lunch break.
I'm an official employee though, so I don't know *does weird Jack Sparrow hand thingy like she's really weird* Wait, she is really weird, wait...
Captain Jack Sparrow...
Yeah I'm hyper, as usual.
I need to go get some more sugar, so I'll like be back later. Have you ever tried making brownies with mint Frangos? Like, heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! I love mint! *is hyper again, or still*
I'm finally making time for my Quenya lessons!!! Aren't you guys proud of me?
*smiles, beams, feels special*
*goes to get sugar*
Bye everyone!
Namarie

Anonymous said...

There were? Was it a show, like some group? Do you think it will be on again so I can record it?

The difference between the hardshoe and soft shoe . . .
soft shoe and hard shoe have diferent dances, for instance, soft shoe dances include the reel, the light jig, and other jigs, however, hardshoe has dances such as the horn pipe. Actually, hardshoe does do some of the dances that soft shoe does, like the reel. The opening dance for Riverdance is the reel.

I am teaching Elaina and Katie Irish Dancing, and it is tons of fun.

quenta tindomerel said...

oh, no, it was on Martha Stewart....and it was just a bunch of little kids. they were good though! and very cute. :P

Anonymous said...

cool . . . .