Don't you guys love the old books that start out with "In which . . . blah blah blah" They're beautiful, and often some of my favorites. Also that particular smell that old books smell like. It makes me happy. Once, for Biology we borrowed a microscope that smelled like old books (probably because the owner kept it with all his books) so it made me happy. Quite a surprise really, since I didn't do Biology and totally fail at using a microscope.
There was a princess who was unhappy because she had so many unanswered questions. Secretly, she hoped that a prince would come, her true love, bringing all the answers with him. One day, she finally realized that understanding would not come to her behind her palace walls, but that she was the one who had to seek it out. So she left on a quest for wisdom, hoping that, eventually her prince would find her, and join her on her adventure. And so the quest began.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
It's all about the music
You know, I think that music really influences our moods and the way we feel about things. Or it can even put words in our mouths. You may feel some way about something and then you listen to a song that you find applicable to that emotion. And then the feeling that was really originally only a small part of the way you were becomes a big part: "YES! That is totally the way I feel, that is SOO annoying." And it exaggerates it. Interesting that music can do that to us. It's like . . . purposely affecting our emotions, once we realize it. idk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
wow, that's weird about the micoscope! I never was good with one of those either. thank goodness for group labs, right?
I love old books so much!!! especially when they've just been sitting in a library forever with nobody reading them. *sigh*
so many things just give you that happy feeling. I love that feeling.
:)
I thought the same exact thing about music. It can either be good or bad enhancing the emotion.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to work in a book store?
Oh wait, you already have! I bet it was wonderful. haha.
lol, yeah it was totally awesome.
I totally is! I work at one. Well, kind of. One day a week and when it's busy, which it's not. :P
I love books, too. I like really, really old ones. It would be so cool to see those midieval books that have... oh, what's it called? that colorful writing stuff..... um....
books and stars. double happy feeling.
:-D Totally double happy feeling! Well put Michaela. :-)
And I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I would love to see a medieval book with that kinda calligraphy. (Wonder if that's what it's called. I guessed. HA)
:-)
Wow. So long since anything new happened.
And I hate my last comment. The one before the last one.
But I didn't want to delete it because 1)everyone's already seen it and 2) I HATE the "This comment has been deleted by author" and it leaves this big annoying gap on the page with no possible way to investigate. Now if we could investigate, then it would be fun.... :-)
Agreed!
lolol. I know what you mean. But I did find a way to find out who wrote and deleted the comment. So thats kind of investigating.
Post a Comment