Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm here to make a new post.

I just don't think I have anything to post about.


Wracks brains. AHA!



We had this Irish Dance recital. It was in downtown Kent, and it was wet. Hey, that rhymes. Well kind of.
So. A recital. It was outside, and, as mentioned above, wet. We had a cover, however, this ballroom floor had been laid down for us, so when we tracked in all this water, it was SUPER slippery. We had our teacher on her hands and knees drying it off. The first dance we did was called the circle reel. We come in, guess what, in a circle. I think it took everyone by surprise how slippery it was, I slipped when I first came in, but not drastically, but three girls actually fell. Katie was one of them. It was still really fun, although it had to be miserable for the audience, although they did have this covered area. The biggest annoying thing was because of all the water, we were afraid of slipping, so we couldn't dance our best. It was all very tentative.

Miss Patti was standing on the edge, where the audience couldn't see her, saying, "be careful, be careful." "Watch out, that spot is really wet." It was great though. Especially when we brought home McDonald's and a movie after working hard. It was really cozy. Of course, back in Sumner, the streets were dry, it didn't look like it had rained at all. Typical.

5 comments:

MJ said...

Great post, Beth!

And I agree with all of that.

"Typical." Funny

Anonymous said...

Wow. someone finally commented. lol

MJ said...

UUUH!

How could they not. Ridiculous.




....oh, I see. it's because you have no name for your post. HA.

Anonymous said...

Sure it does! Just look at the top here and it says "Untitled".


hmmm than again, it doesn't actually say it out there. . .


It sounds like a lot of fun!!! Hope you didn't get too many bruises.

Anonymous said...

I didn't, lol, but ask some of the girls who actually fell!