Saturday, February 17, 2007

finally . . .

Guess what!

Me and Michaela finally watched the second POTC! (And if you haven't seen it you might want to skip the next part. : )

I really liked it. At least I liked the first 3/4ths of it. I was like, in shock about the ending part. (Okay, slight exageration.) As Jack is dying, I'm saying "But he's not dead. Characters like that don't die. And then it is so horrid that Elizabeth kissed him and killed him! As Ellen said, if she was kissing him for a noble cause it was (sortof) fine, I could get past it, but she seemed to enjoy it rather much and she really drew it out. I mean, honestly. And poor Will! What he must be thinking and going through. After the movie, before we went to sleep, I was continually sighing about it. Not to mention the abrupt ending and that Captian Barbossa is alive, which seems a little silly to me.

Anyway . . .
It is a good thing the are making another one. They simply have too.

13 comments:

quenta tindomerel said...

you know we have decided Elizabeth and Jack deserve each other, and that Will should go find himself another girl.
but of course that won't happen.

there's also "rumors" that Will Turner will be killed early in the third one....but that's just rumors. hearsay.

quenta tindomerel said...

according to IMDB, trailer for #3 must be up somewhere but I'm on a stupid computer and can't view it.

no news of Will's death. however I haven't done extensive searching.




a side note: wow. Elizabeth decided to go chinese.

Anonymous said...

I thought I would do some looking around . . . and I can't decide who Elizabeth should marry. That is part of what frustrates me. I sortof think that they need to kill one of the guys though. It would make it a bit easier.

Why do Elizabeth and Jack deserve each other?

emily said...

I'm torn on this matter. Because I happen to despise Orlando Bloom, so naturaly I don't want Elizabeth to end up with him.

At the same time, I happen to despise people who kill and steal for fun, such as Jack, so I wouldn't want Elizabeth to end up with him either.

At the same time, I find Jack to be a much more likeable person than Will, so he should get her.

At the same time, I liked the whole meant-to-be thing between Will and Elizabeth, so Will should get her.

Good greif, they are enGAGed people. Of course Will should get her. Yes, I'm casting my vote for Will.

Anonymous said...

Totally torn.

Will was the one she was going to marry, and they are engaged. Like Emily, that makes me feel like she ought to honor that. Plus, they kissed plenty of times. And somehow, a kiss is so final!

But she and Jack are perfect for each other, in some strange way, I guess it is because of how she like to be free, sortof like he his. And Jack is rather romantic in a strange sort of way.

But Jack wouldn't really take care of her like Will would, but maybe she doesn't want that.

Part of what makes it so anoying is I don't know what Elizabeth should do. Normally I have at least an oppinion!

Sam said...

it would not be INTERESTING if will just fell in love with elisabeth and viceyversie the whole 3 movies.

elisabeth had to go screw things up and kiss jack. orlando's like, "oh, there's my fiancee, making out with that pirate again, ho hum *goes back to fighting*"

i'm casting my vote for NORRINGTON!!!! yeah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugg . . . Norington. His hair is all frazzly. And Elizabeth only agreed to marry him originally FOR Will.

Of course. The movie makers have to make it more complicated. I'm afraid they will kill one of them, and they oviously can't kill Jack.

And poor Will! What he must feel right now!

Anonymous said...

And Will DOES care. Haven't you noticed all the pained looks he has given her??

emily said...

THANK YOU SAM. See Beth, I told you Will didn't care.

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

just like orlando would, will is a COWARD and won't say anything about his girl making out with bearded pirate sorts.
pained looks, that sounds like something an actor might do. wait.

jack really cares, but pretends he doesn't. elisabeth....well elisabeth is a girl. 'nuff said. a fairy dies every time someone tries to explain a girl and her motives and feelings. which explains why there are so few fairies still around.

i'm going bed-head norrington, but what i think the moviemakers will do is jack will somehow sacrifice it all in some stoic tearjerking am i laughing or am i crying scene. will makes off with elisawhatsherface, norrington gets the weird snake lady, and everyone is happy. except jack, who is, in fact, dead.

Anonymous said...

Movie makers don't kill someone like Jack. Hes to important.

And Will hasn't gotten a chance to talk to Elizabeth. I mean think about it. Confronting her would have to be hard for him . . . he is in a tough position.

You would think that if Elizabeth liked Jack she wouldn't kill him!!! That really bugs me. She shouldn't care about him in the first place, but killing him! While they were kissing! That was rather sad. And then she agrees to go to the ends of the earth to get him back. After SHE killed him! You would think she would want him to stay dead! Honestly! Ugg . . .

A fairy dies. . . very clever. : ) Although that is really only coming from your point of veiw.

When our church had Emanuel over recently, Me, Michaela, Jessica and Isaac were talking. And at the end of which as he was leaving he said that someone once told him that whatever girls say, they mean the opposite. So he was trying to figure everything out. It was very funny. We told him he had better not believe that.

Anyway. If Elizabeth and Jack got married, It seems like they wouldn't really get along. It wouldn't be a lasting marriage. However, I still can't decide.

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.