Monday, January 29, 2007

Ladidadida . . . .

Nothing is really going on, which is part of the reason I haven't posted. I finished Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, a couple days ago. It was pretty good. It was a little different than most of the books that I have read before. The ending wasn't that great, but it didn't upset me too too much, because I never felt like I was really involved with the book. The writing is really clever. The footnotes were really funny, sometimes just because they were so long. It took awhile to read (1-2 weeks, perhaps) which probably means I have a short attention span. Ah well.

Irish Dance starts tomarrow!! I'm so excited. One of the best parts is Elizabeth, Elaina, Michaela and Katie are all joinning my class. (They were in Softshoe 1 but they moved up to Softshoe 2 with me.) Actually, I guess I'm having mixed feelings about it. I'm glad for them (the beginner class is sooo boring) but I'm very used to being on my own, and I won't be learning things that they don't know. (Not that that really matters) However, I probably am one of the oldest in my class, so having Elizabeth will be nice. And besides, if I don't like it, I will probably be moving up this spring. And I might get to start hard shoe! That will be really fun.

Well, like I said, nothing really new is going on here, and I don't have anything worth saying-not really.

6 comments:

emily said...

yayyyy, a post! That wasn't pointless, we want to know what's going on in your life.

i think i realized why i absolutly can't stand jonathan strange. it's because the characters are all presented in a sarcastic light- you're not aloud to fall in love with any of them. none of them are reltable or even sympothizable. (new word by ejw)

and yet... the writing style is absolutly fantastic amazing. i can only hope to write half that well some day. the descriptions are so vivid... *sigh* i'm making myself read every word. out loud.

Anonymous said...

It might take you awhile, but I totally agree with you about the characters. Another amusing thing is that you don't meet Jonathan Strange till you are 1/3 of the way through the book. As I read it I was like "Am I missing something here?!"

emily said...

rotfl rotfl, me too.

Dorothy said...

I'm soooo glad you posted to!!!! and Em's right, it wasn't pointless.

So I'm wondering, should I give it a try? Maybe I will, I'm looking for a new book (not like it's hard to find one or anything). If the writing style is that good, maybe it's worth disappointing characters.

Sam said...

it wasn't that they were disappointing characters, imho. emily's right, it just showed all the flaws of all these people and how silly some of them could be sometimes. especially how seriously each character took him or her self.

i loved the book, you should read it, verya.

Sam said...

and the ending rocked.