Hi Everybody!
I promised Emily that I would make a post about the GALS campout, so I am doing it. Sorry about the delay Emily, It has been so beautiful outside, I have been spending most of my time inside.
All of us girls live pretty scattered about, so we start after the 12:00 service on sunday. Because our church is for some reason unable to handle Air Conditioning, we cancel the evening service in the summer. It can get really hot in there. We left that afternoon, and drove to seatle, where Kelsey was going to sing. She won a contest, and that was the reward. Although this wouldn't be a first choice sunday activity, I did enjoy it, and Kelsey has an incredible voice. We got lunch there and drove on to the campsite. We had canned stew for dinner, and unfortunatly, Ellen wasn't feeling well. She threw up that night, and explained that kept happening to her. It happened the next day, and on tuesday, went home. We went to the lake after dinner, and it was beautiful. There is a swimming area, but the water is very cold. We waded around a bit, and explored the beach. On one side was this little spit of land, but it had big rocks all over it. We climbed on that, but eventually went back to camp, where we played a game. We talked and play for a long time, untill around 1:00! It was weird to stay up that late, but it was fun. Eventually a lady from a campsite came over and told us we were being to loud. We apoligized, and quietly went to bed, where we tallked till 4:30. es, I stayed up that late, and it was really fun, but I wouldn't want to do it to often.
The next day we got up pretty late, well everyone but me and Ellen, 'cause we are morning people, and can't help getting up early. We stayed around camp, and went down to the lake again, where on the otherside of the beach, was this really pretty place with lots of fallen logs, and trees, and bushes. It was really beautifull. I can't really explain it to you, not properly. Me and Anna explored around there, and the other girls hung out at the rest of beach. Our parental guidence went and asked the rangers about any good hikes, and told us about a hike called hidden lake, a 1/2 mile hike to a lake. It was really fun. We brought a picnic lunch, and ate there. We tried to cetch all the little fish, but no one did. WE got back to the campsite, when we got there, Pastor Lyon had arived. He always comes,, and we were really glad he did. We played flashlight tag/hide and seek, which was really really fun. We made the boundries before dark, and when it was dark, we all hid. Me and Sarah won. That night we got into bed alot earlier and I fell asleep around 1:30.
The next day we went to Dry falls, and two dams, one of them was the grand Coulee Dam. We ate dinner there, and then had about four hours untill the laser light show. We waled around, and went to a tiny little town with a gasstation. We walked around, and found this tiny but very pretty park. It a had a little stream, actually the stream was all dried up. Oh well. There was a little bridge, and Kelsey took a picture of us on the bridge. She said,"I feel you should be wearing pretty pink dresses." Which was true, because of the setting. We walked back and enjoyed the lazer light show.
Next day, and last day, we went into Leavenworth! I was sssssoooooo excited to see it, because I read all about it, how it was a tuble down town, but a man came and gave the idea to make it themed Bavarian, for tourists, and thus the Bavarian Village was born. It was really fun, and we drove home that evening. On the way home, Kelsey and Sarah got me really interested in Les Miserables, and I have just recently finished reading it. Not the full version of course.
I wish I could tell about funny things that happened, not just list everything out, but besides running out of time, I'm just not good at writing that kind of thing.
8 comments:
Yay a new post! Sounds like you had soooo much fun!
Leavenworth is awesome! I've gone there so much since I was a kid since my dad's family has a condo in Quincy (about 45 min. from Dry Falls/Grand Coulee) and actually we're going there on Wednesday for Creation (so I'll be gone again until next Sunday :( ) I so miss you all.
Did you look at first week of August?
Email me.
How is MJ?
Bye!!!!!! *waves and is glad to see Eowyn again*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow... you've made me want to go camping. *tear*
Hey... why NOT??? We should start pestering our parents to have a blogging camp out. Only a couple of the moms would have to come, right? It would be a blast, and if we set it for like late August, we would all probubly have time to make room for it in our schedules.
Just a spontanious idea... what do you guys think?
That would be fun . . . . .
But what moms would go do you think? My mom would probably not be interested.
YEAH!
except we can't let my mom come.
sorry, jk.
Yes, that would be soooo awesome. we should. most defintely.
HI EOWYN!
we like, nearly posted at the same time.
That would be soooo coooool!!! My mom would want to come...you know, people, internet, all that. But that would be totally awesome!!!
WE should do this thing. AFter we post on the blogs, we should go back and check, to see if someone else has posted. If they have then we should reply.
Post a Comment