Thursday, January 26, 2006

Friends

Dear everyone,
I have been super dper busy, and tons of stuff is going on. Or was. Whatever. The biggest thing that has been going on is that our rabbit Jack died. WE are really sad, and shocked. He should have lived about 4 more years.

Here is what happened.
It was last tuesday morning, and we wre doing school and everything, just like normal, when mom pointed out we hadn't seen Jack for awhile. I said that was normal, is this cold wet and rainy weather, and I wasn't really worried. Michaela agreed to go out and check on him, so she went. I kept working, and a few minutes later Katie came into the den."Beth," she said,"somethings wrong, I don't know what is wrong but somethings wrong. Please come." I didn't really know what she was talking about, but finally it came on me that it might be about Jack, I wasn't very worried, but I went with Katie. "Look" i said, "Mom is just helping MJ open the door." (The door often gets stuck) I opened the screen door, and mom was leaning in to look at something. I was a little worried by now. Mom turned to me and said,"He's dead." Me, Michaela and Katie all burst into tears. I leaned agianst the door frame just sobbing. AFter a good bit of crying, we tried to figure out what happened. We were still crying of course. We wondered if it was the grass, but that wasn't likely, we wondered if we hadn't fed him, enough, and we knew even though we had neglected him acouple days it wasn't likely, and then we thought of some plants he had tried to eat, but he had eaten them before and had been fine, not to mentchian, he only ate a little bit. Mom went to the computer and ichatted dad. He came home imediately, and came in and hugged us, and we started crying all over again. DAd even got teary eyed. I have NEVER seen that happen. Well, dad decided we should bury him then, and mom thought we should go upstairs, that we didn't need to be there. we Went up, but I decided I wanted to come. I went down, and so did Katie. After the grave waas dug, dad told me to try again with Michaela, and this time she agreed. Michaela came out and dad went and brought Jack out of the hutch, and laid him in the grave, and burried him. Afterwards we manajed to settle down, and mostly stop crying, but our eyes hurt the whole day.

That is what happened, and I thought that it was high time to tell you all.

12 comments:

emily said...

Oh, that is just sooooo sad! Poor Jack... we should have a memorial service for him.
I am seriously sad. And that's so nice of your dad to come home and so sad of Michaela to not want to see him be burried. I'm sure it was very hard. The whole time we were there that day, you all seemed very out of it.
Are you going to buy a new rabbit?

quenta tindomerel said...

That is so sad. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. We do want to get a new rabbit, we think maybe two, a brother and sister, so they can keep each other company.

emily said...

Maybe that's what Jack died from. He missed Will and his other friends.

emily said...

And why did you post this three times?

quenta tindomerel said...

who's will?

Anonymous said...

who is Will? And post what three times?

quenta tindomerel said...

You posted the post three times.

quenta tindomerel said...

Wait........Jack as in sparrow, Will as in turner?

Vanimae said...

awe... i'm sorry! i've never really lost a pet that was special to me. a friend of 2, yes, but never a pet.

quenta tindomerel said...

I'm still right here, Vani.

Anonymous said...

Hahah . . you to make me luagh. hat sounds stupid when I tyoe that doesn't it? Oh well, it still is true . . .